Chapter 3

Y/n and Akashi become the regulars in the team immediately. Akashi got the position of the captain, which wasn't much of a surprise for Y/n. He knew, that when they were in the match, he had to let Akashi lead the team he was a part of. After the practices though, Y/n completely ignored his former friend. Former. It hurt him to even think of Akashi this way. But that was how it was now.

Y/n sat down under a tree and opened his can of energy drink. He knew that if he was in America, he would get scolded for drinking it. He smiled lightly, at the fond memories. He missed the old times and once more, had a thought that maybe he should come back to Japan. On the other hand, he didn't want to let Akashi claim the win. He could be a real pain, if he wanted to be.

-Why are you smiling like a fool? - Y/n heard Akashi behind. He turned his head. - Nevermind, I just answered my own question.

-If you don't have anything important to say, then leave. - answered Y/n. - We are on on the hall.

-When will you get to your thick skull, that I will hurt you for talking to me like that. - Akashi warned.

-I've heard that already. - Y/n rolled his eyes at Akashi. - For now, you only talk.

Y/n got up and left, without sparing Akashi a glance. He wanted peace. Y/n huffed. He was in such a nice mood, only for the redhead to show up and ruin it. He threw the empty can of the drink in the bin and went to the direction of the classroom.

Time skip

Few weeks later the matches of Interhigh started. The previous matches didn't matter, Y/n didn't play. They were easy. He was waiting for eliminations to the Interhigh. Akashi promised he will let him play in semi-finals. Rakuzan passed eliminations with ease. Their road to semi-finals was like a highway. Wide and without anything to stop them. Then, they were supposed to play against Yosen.

Over the time Y/n started getting along with the three Uncrowned Kings. Only Chihiro was against him. Y/n felt like he was jealous, he just didn't know what caused it. Y/n was excited, he got to know a lot about the Generation of Miracles and he couldn't wait to play against them. Of course, he had the captain of the Generation of Miracles, but he didn't care for that. He wanted to try himself against the others.

-Finally some worthy opponents. - he said, putting his uniform on.

-You look like a serial killer about to go on a rampage. - joked Hayama.

-Because I am going on one. - answered Y/n. - Try to keep up. - he winked at them playfully, earning smirks from his teammates. No one would say that out loud, but they would prefer to have Y/n as the captain. He brought a completely different attitude and atmosphere in the team.

-Are you ready? - asked Akashi. - I would prefer you all to focus instead of joking around.

Everyone nodded at Akashi. Everyone but Y/n, he just ignored him.

-Respect him. - Chihiro said, standing up to Y/n. Y/n glared at him. - You have a privilege to be in this team and others would kill to be in your position.

-It's not within your authority to tell me, who I should respect. - Y/n answered.

-Chihiro, it's okay. - Akashi said calmly.

Something about his tone made Y/n angry. He didn't know what it was. It took all his willpower for him to calm down and not turn Mayuzumi's face into a pulp. Akashi treated him like shit, while he talked calmly and nicely to Chihiro. He should be talking like this to him. And that's when it hit him. He was jealous.

With the anger still lingering inside of Y/n, he walked on the basketball court. He spotted Murasakibara, Akashi's former teammate. He was a giant, Y/n was pleased with the challenge, at least for now.

As the match started, Y/n went into a serious mode. His plan was making sure Chihiro won't get the ball a tall. Even though Yosen was a strong team, they would lose against Rakuzan, even if Y/n was the only one playing. Akashi tried to calm Y/n down many times during the match, but Y/n was like a demon. He knew his limits and he knew very well that he wasn't reaching them. He was using only half of his potential and he was winning already. Murasakibara was too slow to stop him. He felt disappointed.

-Too easy. - he said as the final buzzer was heard.