TWENTY ONE

Word Count: 1981

~Aspen

Kastriv stands at the threshold of the apartment, drinking in the bizarre sight.

The most confusing aspect of all this must be Oliver, who stares at Kastriv with widened eyes. Kastriv would have guessed that I went with Keo, considering that was our last topic of conversation.

But why Oliver is here is probably impossible to decipher.

"I'm not willing to play one of your foolish games, Keo," Kastriv says carefully, not moving an inch, as if to not to both provoke him, and scare him off.

It dawns on me that Kastriv has tried to hunt Keo down for a long time. Now, they are standing in the same room, and my mate has no way of attacking him. Not when he is walking into Keo's territory, completely surprised by this entire situation.

"You're all in too much of a bleak attitude for me. Shall we do something to perk you all up?" Keo asks, clapping his hands together.

The sound rings in my ears as I flinch, knowing this is going nowhere positive. "I'd rather just leave."

Keo raises his hand and the door slams shut behind Kastriv, locking us all in.

He then turns his attention to the man standing uncomfortably amidst this. "So, Oliver right? Aspen is your wife?"

"She is."

"Why is she with Kastriv?" Keo asks.

My eyes flutter closed. This is going to end bad, and by the way Oliver shifts on his feet irritably, he isn't going to hold back, even if he knows the other two men in the room are extremly powerful and are capable of crushing him without a second thought.

"He stole her from me," Oliver accuses, pointing right at Kastriv. "She is rightfully mine, and he took as his own."

Keo looks at me with a raised brow, taken aback by Oliver's use of possessive language. I'm so used to it I almost don't catch it, but it does make me want to punch my husband straight in the face.

"Why would he do that, huh?" Keo questions, looking to Kastriv for an answer, but my mate remains stoic and uninterested in contributing to the conversation.

"He uses her as a sex toy. He basically bought her off me," Oliver snaps.

I gape at him. Really? That's what he thinks?

Keo grins, clearly enjoying himself. "Is that right?"

"Believe it or not, she has her own agency. She chose to come to me," Kastriv tells Oliver sternly. The two are staring each other down. I'm worried Oliver may launch himself as Kastriv in anger...

That will only end one way.

"You manipulated her."

"If I manipulated her, I would hate to know what you've been doing to her your whole marriage," Kastriv growls, finally revealing his anger.

Keo taps his finger against his lip. "Interesting."

He backs up a few steps to observe the situation next to me. Kastriv tenses, unsure of the dynamic between Keo and I, and whether I am in danger.

Even though Keo is a terrible person, he isn't going to kill me. However, that doesn't mean I don't have anything to worry about regarding him...He could turn on someone I care about to ensure my compliance.

"My body belongs to nobody. Kastriv is my mate," I say, hating the direction this conversation is taking.

Oliver's head whips around to me. "Wait...What? Mate?"