Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Thomas was beginning to become antsy. And Virgil swore up and down it wasn't all him, that Remus was also the contributing to the feeling. It ended up with Logan suggesting that they all try their best not overwhelm Thomas, by staying in their respected rooms, where they would all be more comfortable and less likely to let their emotions get the better of them. Ever since Janus said Remus's name and then went back into his room. Janus hadn't been out since, and that was over a week ago. Thomas couldn't do this anymore. And he couldn't wrap his head around as to why it was taking so long. He 'wanted' Janus back. Should him wanting do something?

Thomas paced his bedroom unable to settle down.

"You know, you could, I don't know, say get in the bed and we get down to business. I do have plans for tonight." Remy huffed impatient, as he sat on the bed, watching Thomas. Apparently deciding that tonight was the night he'd show up to actually do his job on time.

"I can't Sleep." Thomas grunted out.

Remy rolled his eyes. "You got what you wanted. Deceit has been vanquished, Girl what more do you want?" The Sleep Function asked, taking a slip from his starbucks cup.

"I want Janus back!" Thomas shouted his answer in frustration.

"Well boo fuckin' hoo." Remy snarked, getting up and stretching. "Well the others aren't able to enter the room. And you can't rush this. So, if your not going to bed tonight. I'm gonna bounce." The Function said, fixing his jacket and sunglasses.

Thomas paused and whipped his head to look at the sleep function, before grabbing his arm. "But you might!" He smiled.

Remy jerked his arm back. "WHAT?!" He practically shrieked. "Hell no! Nuh-uh, Girl! Last time I did a surprise pop in that Snake sicked the Duke on me! Find yourself another sucker!"

"Why'd he do that?" Thomas asked.

"Oh." Remy cleared his throat. "I might have popped in in the middle of him changing. Which I mean come on! Its not like we're all that different. I mean sure he has scales, but I mean come on! We're all you. Over dramatic reaction if you asked me." Remy huffed, after remembering the incident."

"So, you could definitely pop into the Janus's room." Thomas repeated.

Remy narrowed his eyes at Thomas. "Really?! That is all your worried about? What about me and the trauma I had to suffer with a naked Remus chasing me for a weeks, with his junk in my face! I had nightmares! I still have nightmares! That's why I don't sleep." Remy said, crossing his arms and took a sip of from his cup.

Thomas leveled the function with a look, before just shaking his head. "Sleep." He said, in a pleading tone.

Remy exhaled really loudly before giving in. "Fine." He said, grabbing Thomas's arm and instead of sinking out like the Sides. The Sleep Function popped them in front of the yellow door. And this confused Thomas, who threw another look at the Function. "What?: Remy demanded, looking offend at the look.

"I said in the room." Thomas stated.

"Bitch, I tried. It put me here." Remy huffed.

Thomas rolled his eyes with a deep sigh, before preparing himself as he politely knocked on the door. "Janus? You in there, bud?" He asked.

He and Remy both leaned forward with their ears toward the door. After a moment of no answer. Thomas experimentally twisted the door handle and was a little surprised when the door opened. Again he and Remy peeked behind the door. Nothing but blackness sat across the threshold. They couldn't see anything. Remy took the straw from his starbucks cup and poked the plastic tube into the blackness, and then pulling it out. They both stared with the hairs on the back of their necks standing up slightly. The straw was cut in half from where it had crossed the threshold and entered the darkness.