Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Patton found himself stumbling as he and Selfishness popped into The Dad's Sides own room. Selfishness was quick to let go of the Moral Sides wrist, and running to a shelf that held several pictures on it. "Wha?! But how did- Janus you-" Patton stumbled over his words.

Selfishness turned his head to the Moral Side still smiling with his fangs in full view. "Gosssh, Morality, I'm ssso flatter, my presssence hasss rendered you speechlessss." Selfishness said, giddy, hugging the picture he picked up close to his chest.

"But what happened to Self Preservation?" Patton finally sputtered out.

Selfishness let out a sly smirk. "Why? You like him better?" Was the dark tone that left the Half Side.

"What?! NO! I mean – I-I'm just worried. I thought you couldn't shapeshift?" Patton tried, not wanting to offend Selfishness.

"Ssshapessshifting isss sssomething that wasss Decsseitsss thing, sssweetheart. I jussst thought inssstead of ssspreading time with boring and perfect little Ssself Pressservation, you would enjoy my company more." Selfisshness chuckled, doing a quick model's spin looking so happy with Patton's discomfort. "Or were you lying about loving all of Decsseit." Selfishness asked, his look turning more sinister.

"I wasn't lying!" Patton shook his head, denying the claim.

Selfishness turned back more mischievous. "Good. Becaussse we're getting thisss." He declared, not even bothering with showing Patton the picture in his hand, Just taking it out of the frame and folding to fit in his pocket. "And to get thisss 'we' are going to need to go to Logic'sss room, and take control of the banking!" Selfishness said excitedly, practically hopping up and down as he grabbed hold of Patton one more time and sinking them out and popping them into Logan's room.

Once again, not use to popping into a place, Patton almost lost his balance. He had to catch himself on Logan desk, while Selfishness had already somehow logged onto Logan's computer and was typing away on it. "Wait, what are you going to have Thomas buy?" Patton asked. "Logan has him a strict budget." Patton said, trying to lean in and see what the Half Side was doing.

"Oopsss." Janus hissed. Not looking the least bit worried, when the Logical Side Computer went red screen and making a loud alarm. "Ssscram." He giggle and was quick to leave Patton behind, as he sunk out.

"What happened?" Patton asked looking around, not knowing what to do.

"Patton." Logan's voice had the Moral Side wanting to disappeared, as it registered in his head what it looked like from Logan's point of view. "The twins I would expect this behavior from. I thought we had established rules regarding entering ones room, without permission. Honestly, Patton do you know how over budget you just made Thomas go?" Logan lectured as he walked into his room, looking annoyed; tapping a few keys on his keyboard to stop the alarm and turning the screen back to normal.

"Um- No?" Patton answered.

"One thousand, seven hundred and ninety-nine dollars!" Logan practically shouted. "Really Patton, what in Newtons name made you want to break into my room and book and room at Eau Palm Beach, Spa and Resort?!"

Patton held his hands up in surrender, even though he knew he was innocent. "I-I don't know....?"

Logan took a step back and took a calming deep breath. "Let's just hope we're able to cancel and get most of the money back." Logan said, sitting at his desk, eyes locked on the screen.