Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Things were okay. Thing weren't great, but why was that any of Janus's problem. It wasn't like he was trying to help or anything. No. He was just a liar. Sure, there was a false since of understanding between everyone now. Everyone acting like they were fine. That Thomas was fine. But things were not fine, and it irked Janus to his very core. However, it was also something he couldn't outright discuss due to his job of being the keeper of all things not wanted. Or it was the one of the many secrets that Thomas did not want to admit to himself. And no one wanted to acknowledge it and if he so much as opened his mouth he would be accused of scheming something.

Janus was pulled from his brooding, when movement caught his eye, signaling that someone was coming down the stairs. Looking up from his book that he was reading, he found that, that someone was Virgil, who was pointedly ignoring Janus's presence as he passed to go into the kitchen, where Patton was bustling about. The Dad Side seemed happy, but going by how many pans of cookies he had already made, the Moral Side wasn't feeling that happy, resorting to stress baking. Logan was sitting on the other end of the couch from Janus, who was also reading, and while the Logical Side looked calm, Janus could feel the tension and bottled up emotions. Roman was in the Imagination, not really coming out unless needed. And then there was Thomas, trying to nurse a new love and ignoring what was building up between everyone; building up within himself.

Now, usually Janus wouldn't just stick himself in the middle of such situation, especially when everyone, despite what they said, about giving him a seat at the table, calling that acceptance . It was a lie. They blamed him. They blamed him for showing up and starting trouble. They blamed him for letting Remus out and presented to Thomas. They blamed him for not going to the call back. They blamed him for going to the wedding. And they blamed him for the dysfunction in their little 'Family'. The only reason Janus was up and about, instead of in his and Remus's dwelling, was simply because, he wanted to connect with everyone, including Thomas. He wanted someone to have the chance to sit down and talk with him, and hopefully he would be able to help. Plus, Remus was busy in the Imagination, having fun bothering Roman and doing his job. Remus, until things got aired out and Thomas was more balanced mentally, was going to busy for a while, and it was lonely in the Dark Side. Considering, how things seemed to be going he should have just stayed in his room. He had better thing to do anyway.

Sighing, heavily Janus stood up and began to leave. Just as he did, he felted tug signaling Thomas was calling. And Thomas doesn't usually call for Janus.

In a blink he found himself in front of Thomas, along with the others, excluding Remus.

"What are you doing here?" Roman demanded.

"Probably here to cause more trouble." Virgil grumbled, with a cold glare.

"I wasn't summoned." Janus answered, simply, not in the mood for their drama today.

"I don't see why. Thomas isn't in a situation where he needs lies, or self preservation at the moment." Logan said.

And he was right. Thomas was standing in his room, which looked like a hurricane had came through. Everything was thrown around and drawers were opened and half empty. Thomas himself looked panicked and that's when Janus noticed that Virgil's eye shadow was very dark. Meaning, Thomas was panicking for some reason.

"I don't know guys. I just... Nico invited me out tonight and he said it was a surprise and I just don't know what I'm suppose to wear. Or maybe I just don't need to go! I mean I do have several projects I need to complete. Maybe I don't need to go?" Thomas rambled as he moved about maneuvering his way around the Sides as he talked, grabbing pieces of clothing as he went holding them up and tossing them away before grabbing for another set of clothes.