Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Logan had made a plan for them all. He had assured everyone that it would work and as long as everyone stuck to the plan, there would be no reason for Janus to have to leave his room before his Core had healed. He seemed confident in his theory that all Janus had to do to heal was stay in his room. Well, Remus was ready to call bullshit on that theory. He had been playing nice with the goody goody Light Sides for weeks now and Janus's door remained closed, and pale yellow. There was no change! And it was getting harder with each passing day to not overwhelm everyone with all the chaotic energy that was building up within him.

Everyone was getting along. There had definitely been progress. Some being Virgil not avoiding Remus. Patton becoming less caution and scared of the Duke. Logan admitting to feeling feelings. Roman was getting along better with Remus, even the Imagination had merged together. Remus himself had stopped terrorizing them all; including Thomas as much. Thomas even seemed to be less resistant to some of Remus's ideas. Which was great. But....

Remus huffed, as he stared like a stalker at the yellow door. It had yet to open and reveal a fully together and healed Janus.

"Remus?" Roman called softly, seeing his twin standing like a statue, staring at the pale yellow door. "Logan said, it's not good to ponder on- well, you know...." The Princely Side reminded softly.

Remus let out a deep breathe trying to re-center himself from the spiral he was letting himself fall through. "What do you want Ro-bro?" He asked, forcing his eyes away from the door to focus on Roman. They have been getting along. They have been creating together. Things were changing.

Change was good for Janus. At least that is what Logan claimed.

"We're all going to the Imagination for a Family outing. Since we're done fixing everything up and all...." Roman trailed off seeing his brothers gaze return to the door. "He wouldn't want you to stay in and miss all the fun, you know. All the chaos and mischief that can be have." Roman said, hoping to catch his brothers attention.

"Yeah..." Remus said, sounding sad, and not his fake pouty kind of sad. "I guess." The Duke turned his focus away from the door to walk toward his brother. He had to go the Family outing, everyone was starting to get along. It would be counterproductive; Logan's word not Remus's. So he was going to to the family outing and stalk Janus's door later.

As soon as the twins were out of sight, the pale yellow door open, revealing two blank brown eyes and a scaleless face. Self Preservation, let out a silent yawn as he watched the two Creatives Sides disappear, and closed the door hiding away when they returned with the rest of the Sides. Listening intently to the silent conversation between them. There was a nice feeling blooming in his chest hearing everyone sounding much more chipper, but there was still that nagging ache that just wouldn't leave. Something still needed to be fix. And since going around to everyone and trying to work out the problem that way wasn't working, now was the perfect time to go straight to Thomas who seemed to need his help anyway.

While everyone seemed to be getting along, there was still something holding Thomas back, and Self Preservation was going to use this time to weed it out. He waited a few minutes to make sure no one would be coming back out from the Imagination before he went to his desk that was in his room and picked up a journal with Thomas's name on it. It had a special lock on it and Self Preservation had yet to be able to open it, but somehow he knew today was the day he would open it finally. There was a special little shelf on his closet which he place the journal. There was a clicking sound, of the Journals lock opening, and Self Preservation felt it when all the other doors locked, signaling that the others would stay in the Imagination. He waited a moment before he opened his closet and looked around a bit confused. He was sure he had done it right. Although his memory wasn't too reliable at the moment. But this was suppose to be a way to summon Thomas to him, so he wouldn't have to use too much energy going to Thomas, and not tire out too fast.