Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Self Preservation left Anxiety, with the feeling of tension between them lessened, but still there. His goal had been to get rid of the tension. Maybe he would have to have a sit down with Morality. Morality was Thomas's feelings, maybe calming the tension between himself and the bubbly Side would help lessen it. He was just about to make his way back downstairs when Creativity's Room opened, and Creativity himself stepped out, only to halt at the sight of him. He and Creativity had a minute staring contest before Creativity, backed himself back in to his room, closing the door as he went. Self Preservation blinked. Maybe his talk with Morality would have to wait. It seemed Creativity required his attention. It was not right for Creativity to be the first to retreat.

"Creativity?" He called, as he knocked on the Creative Sides door. There wasn't any answer. That wouldn't do. He couldn't leave Creativity. He wanted to help. He wanted to fix what was wrong. The slight aching in his chest worsened a bit, to the point it took his breath away, making it where he gripped his shirt right above his half Core. A bright light flashed there, the ache lessening slightly when it vanished, and revealing a master key in his hand. "Huh." He hummed, as took a calming breath returning to his neutral state, as he placed the key in the keyhole. He only paused for a second to consider, how Creativity would react to such an intrusion. He did not want to be rude. But the need to fix everything. The 'want' to help. He couldn't ignore it. So as an added courtesy he decided to let Creativity aware of his intrusion into his space. "I am coming in Creativity." He announced before hi turn the key to open the door. As soon as the lock clicked open, the key vanished.

Creativity's room was spacious and was as loud as the Creative Side's personality. A second door was in the room, just like Intrusive Thoughts. This door led to the Imagination, and it was slightly opened. Mean Creativity, had ran through it to get away.

Something in Self Preservation bristled a bit at the thought of everyone avoiding him. Tiptoeing around him. It contradicted his presence. The ache in his chest grew again, and so he took a silent breath to keep himself calm. His eyes jumping around the room until they landed on a broken mirror hanging on the wall, with silent whispers echoing from it. Curious and feeling pulled to the possible source of Creativity's strange behavior Self Preservation picked up a broken shard and held it to his ear.

~ Stupid Prince!~

~ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!~

~You are the villain of this story.~

~You have destroyed him!~

~You're the monster.~

~Worse than your brother.~

~You're no hero!~

Self Preservation hummed, as he pulled the piece away from his ear and tilted his head in thought. An Enchanted mirror, that pointed blame. Apparently blame Creativity definitely believed. It wasn't Self Preservation's job to tell Creativity if he was at fault or not. It was his job to make sure Creativity function right. To keep his spirits and motivation up. The mirror would have to go. Meaning Creativity would need to deconstruct it. Letting the piece of broken glass fall back onto the floor, Self Preservation turned to the Creative sides desk. It was littered with art work and scripts, and a lot of balled up paper that just littered the work area. Underneath it all the balled up paper and artwork was a journal, flipped open and revealing its pages. He let his eyes move along the words reading them silently. Digesting every private word written in its pages.

"Hey!" Creativity's voice shouted, as a hand came into his sight and quickly closing the book. "That's private." He said looking upset, and avoiding Self Preservation's eyes.