flats

Jacks' pov (daddy)

my phone rings from beside me. I tried ignoring it but now i'm worried something is up. I know kevin is downstairs watching tv but Alex has gone out with a few of her friends and she's supposed to be home in half an hour.

I check my phone and it is Alex calling. I pick it up immediately.
"hi daddy"
"hi baby you alright is everything okay?" I ask worried something might've happened to my baby.
"yeah daddy everything is fine. im sorry if i woke you up but damon has a flat tire" she says then goes quiet. I could hear someone talking to her but i can't quiet tell what they're saying.
"okay not a flat tire whatever i dont know anything the thingy is gonna come and pick up the car and we dont have anyone to pick us up. Madie cant call C cause he'll lose his shit she's already late and I barely got daddy to say yes to someone else other than john to drive me and i cant tell him that".

As soon as she said she had a flat tire i was already up and putting my sweatpants on.
"baby calm down. its okay are you guy okay and safe? where are you?"
"yeah daddy we're all okay and we stopped right by the cookie cafe" she replies quickly.

I walk down and Kevin immediately turns his head to my voice and points at my phone wanting to know whats going on.
"Bugger who's there?". I ask
"Just me mads and Damon and Mike. Everyone else already left and we were on our way home"
I tell her to wait inside the cafe with her friends and that i'm on my way and close the phone.

Kev is already up following me to the kitchen to get my keys. "was that Alex?" he asks.
I nod. "is she okay?" I nod again.
As i was walking past him he pulls me back by my hand. "Jack what tbe fuck is going on". He yells. I chuckle then kiss his forehead. I guess it was mean of me to ignore him.
"Baby. She's fine. Got a flat tire or something and i'm going to pick them up. Now if you decide to yell at me again it won't be a kiss you'll be getting do you understand?" I say holding his face really close to mine.

He nods and looks at the keys i was going for. "Im coming with you" I tilt my head a little. "You can. But you're not going to say anything about the fact that you were worried to begin with. She already scared as it is"
"Promise. wont say anything. Just want to go with you and make sure shes okay.". He mumbles.

I nod my head. "Alright then baby go get ready real quick. I told them to wait at the cafe near them" I push him toward our room. It doesn't take him long since he just needed to wear a shirt.

He walks down with his phone in his hand. I'm sure he's texting Alex. We head to the car and i give him the speech one more time. "Baby, not a peep about this okay?" This time he gives me a stare and looks back at his phone, probably annoyed with me.

It doesn't take longer than 10 minutes to get to the cafe. As soon as I walk in, I hear Madisons voice.  "There they are." She walks, or runs towards us. I look around for Alex and see her still sitting at their booth with her friends. Madison looks pretty shaken up. I give the poor girl a hug and push her towards Kevin. I hear him whispering something to her and she replies. "No, it just randomly went boom and we shoke and couldn't drive. It was so scary". I make sure they're following me and walk towards Alex. She's drinking a milkshake but looks a bit scared.

"No, he's gonna be super duper mad. I think I just have to sleep over until he's less mad. Can I?" Madison continues. I'm not sure what happens next, I'm too busy bringing Alex to my chest.

I kiss her hair. "Hi baby girl are you alright?"
she hums. "Is anyone hurt?" I ask. she just shakes her head. I pull her to my side and look at the guys.
"Are you guys alright?" Alex pulls my arm off her and goes to Kevin.

"Yeah.  We're really sorry about this. I already called my dad and he said to leave it where it is since we had a chance to drag the car to the side. He said he'll send someone early tomorrow to deal with it." He says. As if Alex read my mind, she's back by
my side mumbling "his dad works out of town on weekends".

"Alright well thats good thats one thing to worry about" I say more to myself than anything. I look at the other boy who hasn't spoken yet. I know he has a caregiver, he's been to our house when Alex was small too. I just cant figure out who his caregiver is. "Are you alright?" I say to him. Madison replies for him. "He said he was scared to call you guys and scared that you'll get mad and then we can't go out all together again" She says from Kevins side. She's still wrapped up around him but looks less scared.

"It was a flat tire it's no one's fault." My husband says.
"Madison babe have you told your daddy what happened?" I ask. She hesitantly shakes her head, but Kevin immediately speaks up. "I have, I told him what happened and where we are and that we're gonna buy them milkshakes before leaving"

I nod my head and pull Alex with me to order for everyone. There isn't a big variety to order from but their milkshakes are great.  "Daddy?" Alex whines.
"Yeah baby?"
"Are you upset that I had to call you?" She asks, her face etched with worry.
"No baby, I'm not. i'm glad you called me. I would have wanted to be the one to come get you and make sure you're okay." I place a kiss on her forehead.
She stays quiet before speaking up again.
"what about dada?"
"Oh hunny, He's not upset I promise you we're both happy you're okay and safe okay? It's always our first priority angel" I rub her back.

We take the orders. I hold three drinks and Alex hold her water bottle under her arm and the other milkshake. She wasn't going to get away with ordering two milkshakes.
"Jacko?" Madison looks up at me as i pass her her drink.
I raise my eyebrows waiting for her to finish.
"Do you think we can get another one for daddy so he'll be less mad?"
I chuckle at her, "sure love we can get him one but I don't think he'll be mad. You don't have to worry about that. You're with us now. You're okay". She smiles up at me and nods.

"Alright everyone drink u so we can get you lot home before it gets too late." Kevin says passing me his drink.
"How are we gonna fit in the car" Alex asks giggling.
"you're just gonna have to squeeze yourselves in until we drop off whoever is closest to here". I say.

"OH I CAN SIT ON DADAS LAP. OR I CAN SIT ON MADS LAP. OR SHE CAN SIT ON MINE!" Alex yells excitedly. "No one is sitting on anyones lap. who are we dropping off first?" Kevin replies, trying to calm Alex down immediately. everyone is quiet for a heartbeat trying to figure out who lives near here.
"I am sir, I was gonna stay at Da- Logans house today. He's just two blocks away." The kid, Mike, finally says. Ah thats who his caregiver is. He's one of Kevins friends. I tune out what everyone was saying after that, too tired to even listen. Kevin is talking to the guys and Madison is on her phone smiling.

I nudge Alex to get up and leave the booth after a few minutes . "Okayy. Everyone done and ready? Lets get you guys home". I clap and head for the car, ready to call it a night, for the second time tonight.