1: Silver

"Why should we hire you?"

The girl sitting in front of the head of the Forger family smiled.

It wasn't a hard question, to be honest. The question wasn't even close to the difficulty level in the advanced classes she perfectly answered. In actuality, she listed all the possible questions she would be asked on this very day. She even memorized all the answers to the 30 questions she thought of!

So, why was the lady she ran across the other day crying? She still remembers how the woman in her mid-20s trembled and muttered incomprehensible words while looking at nowhere in particular.

Of course, like any other person who likes to know everything happening, (Y/N)(L/N) gave the woman a handkerchief in the pretense of being a helpful citizen. When in reality, she just wants to know why this lady chose to live broadcast her tears in the middle of the road.

And from there on, she received rather strange yet interesting information about a certain couple looking for a maid. The woman then rambled about how the couple looked like they were examining her. How they easily lost interest in her because of her answer about protecting their daughter.

"So what are you going to do now?"

The woman sighed, "Well, I did say that I'm going to move to another city when I'm not accepted in that job. I really thought it was for me."

"That's okay, maybe it's just not for you. Maybe take this as a sign from the universe that you need to leave this place and start anew."

"Yeah... Now I don't feel bad about not getting the job. Up until now, I still feel their eyes on me. Like they were already planning my death after they said that my resolve in the situation involving their daughter was weak and undependable."

Looking straight at the piercing blue eyes of Loid Forger and then at his wife, Yor Forger, (Y/N) answered confidently. Not minding how their personality changed from being welcoming to strict and, kinda, of scary attitude after they concluded to start the interview.

"To be honest, I have all of the talents and experience you're searching for. I am certain that I am the best candidate for this position. I may not have any background in being a maid, but I can assure you that I mastered all the skills needed in the house. As well as my people abilities, I can get along with Miss Anya without any problem," I answered.

"Anything else?" Mrs. Forger added.

"I have nothing else to add."

"You said you mastered your people abilities, tell me why is that? Can you tell me about yourself?"

The girl brought back her attention to the man. "I need to socialize and be observant of people because I mostly represent my school when it comes to tournaments and competitions. Especially when it comes to debates. I always remind myself that everyone has a battle we do not know about. The same with how they respond to it. That's why I befriend them and then analyze how they think. Use their emotional baggage as an advantage and use it as a distraction before attacking them with words during the debate. I use that so that I can mess with their minds so that they can't explain their argument effectively."

The (h/c) girl didn't notice how evil and awful her resolve was as she smirks at nothing in particular. While she was explaining, her mind randomly had a flashback during her debate tournaments and how she let herself be drunk on winning while the opponents' minds are in disarray.

The couple, on the other hand, unmasked themselves and deadpanned at the teenager.

Yor recovered first before giggling at her statement, catching the attention of (Y/N). "You seem very intelligent, but I don't think what you said is the meaning of people's abilities."