Chapter 45

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

On the 5th day, they had decided to hold a small ceremony as a tribute for Joey.

Zhan and family had asked hospital staff, kids from the orphanage to attend. They had organised the small event in the Hospital's conference room as it would be convenient for the hospital staff.

The event began with Joey's favourite movie. After the movie ended Joey's Doc went on the stage.

Joey's Doc, "Well, I have a surprise for everyone, especially for Zhan. He had left His bucket list with me. I would like Zhan to read out loud for all of us."

Zhan went on stage and started reading.

Zhan, "The 1st thing on this list is, Joey wanted us all to call King Dad as Grandpa for a day."

KD, "WHAT??????? That's not good. I mean how can he wish such an obnoxious thing. It's against the Universe. Against the law. It's illegal. It's a crime. I know it's the work of one of you who has written your wish instead of Joey's. Whoever is the culprit I curse your ancestors to have white-grey hair which can't be dyed."

With a huff, He sat down. All were laughing at his burst.

Dad, "Well! It's just for a day. Why get so hyper. Don't tell me You are Scared!"

KD angrily said, "Scared my foot. Let's see how you feel when You are called as such."

Zhan, "Umm KD! Joey knew you would behave the same way and that's what he wanted. He was just provoking You. It's Fun watching you act like Hulk."

KD, "WHAT!!!!"

ALL were laughing aloud.

Zhan, trying hard to not laugh more, read, "His 2nd wish is for Mom to make..........." Zhan became quiet. Everyone looked at him confused. He had tears while reading. Yibo rushed and gave him a side hug. Yibo even read what it was and understood why Zhan halted.

Yibo took a deep breath and read, "He wants Mom to bake cookies whenever She remembers Him and if possible distribute them among kids too. He wants to be remembered as sweet memories like cookies."

All were sad hearing this. After some minutes Zhan further read, "His 3rd wish is a challenge for Yibo Uncle. He wants to hear Yibo sing a song but for Hai Kuan."

Yibo shockingly asked, "Huh!!!! How can I sing a song for Hai Kuan? He is my Twin, not my friend or lover. I don't even know any such song either."

They were thinking hard as to which song would fit and some even suggested a few. But Yibo was not liking any.

Just then Xiaoqi whispered something into Yibo's ears.

Yibo, "Are you sure?"

Xiaoqi, "It's the perfect one. Go ahead."

Zhan said, "Trust Her Alpha. Kids nowadays have the best playlists."

Yibo, though reluctant, said, "Okay! Well here goes nothing."

He started Strumming,

"I'm your twin
You're my twin,
We stick together through thick and thin
No matter what I do
I'm always stuck with you.

And if trouble comes our way
I know my twin will save the day
Wherever you may be
You're always stuck with me

When you're feeling sad and blue
Call my name, and I'll find you
We have a bond that's tried and true

You and me
Me and you
Two by two

What if I never find you?
What if I'm a twin no more?
I'd give all the kingdom's treasures
If you came walking through that door.

When you're feeling sad and blue
Call my name, and I'll find you
We have a bond that's tried and true

You and me
Me and you
Two by two."

(Two by two from Sofia the First)

For a moment all were silent. As they were so engrossed with the words as they felt it meant the real bond between the siblings. Zhuo Cheng held Zhan and Xiaoqi again sang the same one. Even Hai Kuan hugged Yibo.

Mom, "Thank You Xiaoqi for such a beautiful suggestion."

Zhan then further read, "His 4th wish was to hear Hai Kuan sing Close to You song for whomever He likes."

After Thinking Hai Kuan took the guitar from Yibo and started strumming.

He said, "Well This is for You Bunny as It's perfectly about You."

He sang,

"Why do birds suddenly appear,
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

On the day that you were born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue.

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you."""

(

Close to you by Carpenters)

It was indeed a perfect fit for Zhan. After the song ended,

Yibo further read, "He wants all of us to remember His birth date and not the Day of His death one. He has left a note for Zhan. It says Dear BIG Brother, I want you to, if it's not much of a problem to distribute sweets to the poor and homeless on my birthday. I want everyone to feel happy while remembering Me. Don't be so sad. I know it's hard but don't feel gloomy. I want you to know that I am very happy. But there were times when I felt nothing. Most of the time, most of the days I felt nothing. I was broken and wanted to be fixed but it was too late. I wish and also Bless that You forever have people around you who won't let you be shattered. Lastly I want all of you to be Happy and always remember me with a smile on their face, not with tears."

In the End All were touched by Joey's words. He was a real Gentleman who smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. Some people only talk of random acts of kindness but Joey who was just a mere fragile Kid was actually doing it.

Zhan wiped his Tears and said, "Let's not Cry. We have gathered here to fulfill his wishes and we should do so. Let's celebrate Life rather than grieving about Death. I promise Joey I'll try my best to smile whenever I think of You..... We all will Try ..... Stay happy wherever you are......And I also promise to be Your strong Big Brother...... I promise..... to ...... Smile ....." Zhan did try to stop crying but it was very difficult. He broke down.

Xiaoqi went and hugged Zhan and then She wiped Zhan's face with her palms and said, "Big Brother Smile Please."

Zhan though had tears but managed to Smile and hugged her back.....

Keep Loving Your Loved One's No Matter What.......