A Second Chance

014

~1 year later~

After enduring a series of challenging events a year ago, Taehyung made the decision to return to Korea

After enduring a series of challenging events a year ago, Taehyung made the decision to return to Korea. Settling back into his life as an independent artist, everything seemed to be going smoothly on the surface. However, internally, he was grappling with a sense of confusion and loss. The weight of his emotions burdened him, leaving him feeling adrift and uncertain about everything.

Before her untimely passing, Taehyung managed to visit his biological mother in Germany. The encounter was incredibly emotional for him, as he yearned for more time with her. Unfortunately, their meeting was cut short, leaving him with a lingering sense of regret.

His relationship with his biological brother, Seokjin, remained unchanged. Seokjin's cold and indifferent demeanor towards Taehyung only deepened his feelings of loneliness and a lack of identity. Each day, he found solace in aimlessly wandering through the nearby park, lost in contemplation about the choices he had made in life.

Furthermore, Taehyung couldn't help but notice the shifting dynamics between him and his brother, Jungkook. Although they were still family, Jungkook now devoted more time to his newfound sibling, Jisoo. Taehyung genuinely felt joy for Jungkook, knowing that he had formed a genuine connection with her and that she cherished him as a brother. However, it pained him to realize that he was now being essentially ignored by Jungkook.

As Taehyung busily prepared himself a meal in the kitchen, the sound of his ringing phone abruptly interrupted his cooking. Hastily, he washed his hands and swiftly dried them with a nearby kitchen towel as he made his way towards the table. Snatching up his phone, he eagerly answered the call.

"Hey, Hyung!"

Jungkook's voice burst through the line, filled with excitement.

"How are you?" he uttered, unable to contain his enthusiasm.

"Hey,... It's so good to hear your voice again after such a long time," Taehyung responded, a genuine happiness evident in his tone.

"Yeah... I'm sorry I've been really busy," Jungkook admitted, a hint of regret in his voice.

"I understand, don't worry about it... I know you've been occupied with your sister," Taehyung reassured him, his voice filled with understanding.

"Hyung, I'm calling because I'm back in Korea... I brought Jisoo with me!"

"That's amazing!" A smile spread across Taehyung's face as he listened to Jungkook's words.