Play of Cards

012

"He wouldn't do that to me?"

"Would he?"

"Jennie, I hope you are wrong"

"He's been a good friend over the years, I know he wouldn't do that to me."

~

Taehyung's gaze remained fixated on Namjoon as they both stood before the painting. A sudden surge of adrenaline coursed through his veins, causing his heart to race and his palms to grow damp with nervousness. Deep down, he knew that this situation was bound to end in turmoil. It was an unsettling feeling that gnawed at his core.

With piercing eyes, Namjoon broke the silence, his hands gripping the edges of the portrait tightly. "Is she who I think she is?" he demanded, his voice laced with anger. Taehyung met his friend's gaze, his expression blank, before slowly nodding in confirmation.

"Yes,"

"It's her." he finally spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. As Taehyung took a hesitant step towards Namjoon, attempting to explain himself, he was abruptly interrupted by his friend's actions. The portrait was flung harshly to the ground, shattering the fragile silence that had enveloped them. Namjoon's voice dripped with scorn as he accused Taehyung of betraying him.

"So, you did sleep with her after all!" he spat, his words filled with bitterness.

Taehyung's mind raced, struggling to comprehend the accusations being hurled at him.

"I didn't want to believe Jennie," he protested, his voice tinged with disbelief.

"She still holds a grudge against you, and I thought she was just trying to sabotage our friendship. But now... now I see that she was right all along." Namjoon's rage intensified, his voice trembling with desperation. He closed the distance between them, gripping Taehyung's collar tightly, his frustration palpable.

"Why, Taehyung? Why would you do this?" he shouted, his voice filled with anguish.

"Namjoon please calm down and let me explain!!" Taehyung pleaded as Namjoon tightened his grip onto his neck.

"Taehyung you were waiting for her to be free so you could snatch her away from me!!??"

"I still fucking love her!"

"What kind of friend sleeps with their friend's ex girlfriend?!!" Namjoon screamed in disdain.

"Namjoon I swear that I didn't want to hurt you."

"I tried...believe me I tried..." Taehyung uttered loudly at him. Namjoon immediately pushed Taehyung forcefully away. Taehyung with deep astonishment stared back at his friend.

"Don't you ever talk to me again, Taehyung!!!"

"I'm not your friend anymore!"

"This fucking friendship is over!!" Namjoon uttered loudly and was quickly walking away towards the door.

"NAMJOONNN!!!"

"Please hear me out!!" Taehyung screamed at his friend. Frustrated by the fact that Namjoon wouldn't give him the chance to speak.