A Love of Dawn

011
"What do you mean ??"

"I can't claim my father-in-law's inheritance if my first born is a girl?"

"Why in the world would he do that??"

"What kind of joke is this?"

"We are not living in that type of era anymore why on earth would he put that condition!!"
~

Jisoo led Taehyung into her cozy living room, guiding him towards the inviting couch. Concern flickered across her face as she saw his busted lip and bruised eye, evidence of a recent altercation staining his soaked shirt.

"Take that off...I think I still have some of Namjoon's clothes in my closet," Jisoo suggested, her voice laced with worry.

"Wait here, I'll grab the first aid kit to tend to your face!" She hurriedly added, Taehyung watched her sprint towards her room, a small smile tugging at his lips despite the pain radiating from his chest.

As Jisoo emerged from her room, clutching a small first aid bag and a shirt, Taehyung's gaze remained fixed on her.

"Do you want me to help you take off your shirt?" she asked, noticing his discomfort. Taehyung nodded, his gratitude evident. Jisoo's smile grew, and she swiftly began removing his wet shirt.

"Argh," Taehyung groaned as the collar brushed against his swollen eye.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Jisoo panicked, her worry intensifying at his pain. Taehyung, however, looked at her with a reassuring smile.

"It's fine...it just grazed my eye a bit, not too bad," he assured her. Jisoo's relief washed over her, and she continued undressing him, her touch gentle.

As Jisoo delicately dabbed at his busted lip with a cotton pad, Taehyung couldn't tear his eyes away from her. He observed the slight furrow of her brows, the concentration etched on her face. Thoughts of her being single flooded his mind, intensifying his longing for her.

"I missed you," Taehyung mumbled softly, his gaze unwavering. Jisoo paused, her actions freezing as his words reached her ears. Slowly, she met his gaze, seeing the yearning in his eyes. A small smile graced her lips as she closed the first aid kit, her heart fluttering.

"You see me every day at work now!" Jisoo scoffed as she kept on putting all the things back into the bag.

"It's not the same!"

"You changed" Taehyung uttered softly at her. Jisoo sighed and quickly zipped the bag close.

"I'm done here!" Jisoo voiced and grabbed the bag from the chair but Taehyung immediately held her arm.

"Jisoo... I need you to give me a chance to talk things out."

"Ever since that day you stepped into my house, I've been drowning in misery."

"I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I hadn't pushed you away."

"Could we have been something more?" Taehyung questioned, his gaze locked with hers.

"Taehyung, it's pointless to dwell on what could have been... we didn't act on our feelings that day, so there's no use torturing yourself over it!" Jisoo retorted, her face filled with frustration.