The Embrace

006

"He never appreciated our worth!"

"He underwent a drastic transformation during my pregnancy with you, Taehyung!"

"There were countless sleepless nights, consumed by anxiety over his actions."

"He would recklessly revel with his friends, oblivious to my needs as a pregnant woman."

"And when you came into this world, the situation deteriorated further because I refused to tolerate his behavior any longer."

"I gave it my all, Taehyung!... I genuinely fought to salvage our marriage, but it was an uphill battle when your father lacked the same dedication."

"I really did try."

~

In a frantic search, Taehyung dashed through the bustling streets, desperately seeking any sign of her presence. The exertion of his pursuit caused beads of sweat to trickle down his forehead, mingling with the adrenaline coursing through his veins. With each stride, he distanced himself further from Namjoon's birthday venue, his sole focus fixated on finding her. Approaching strangers, he asked if they had caught sight of a girl wearing a vibrant red dress, her figure darting through the labyrinthine city. Two individuals pointed him southward, their directions guiding his determined steps.

Anxiety and restlessness gnawed at Taehyung's core as he realized she remained elusive, nowhere to be found. Halting his progress within a park, where someone had previously glimpsed her, he released a heavy sigh, massaging his temple in frustration. "Where are you?" he murmured, his voice barely audible. Slowly, he made his way to a bench overlooking a serene lake, settling down upon its weathered surface. His gaze fixated on the mesmerizing reflection of countless city lights dancing upon the water's rippling facade. Thoughts swirled within his mind, consumed by memories of her shattered state mere moments ago.

Suddenly, a familiar voice pierced through the jangle of his thoughts. His heart leapt, propelling him into immediate action as he discerned her desperate pleas. Taehyung sprinted towards the sound, only to be confronted by a horrifying sight. Two men were ruthlessly assaulting her, tearing at her dress and violating her personal boundaries. Fury ignited within Taehyung, his hands instinctively curling into fists at the sight of their repugnant actions.

"HEY!"

"You scum!"

"Keep your filthy hands off her!" Taehyung bellowed, his voice resonating with unbridled rage as he delivered a powerful blow to one of the assailants. Jisoo crumpled to the ground, momentarily stunned by the unexpected retaliation. The other assailant, prepared to defend himself, found himself taken aback by Taehyung's agility. In a swift motion, Taehyung lunged at him, unleashing a barrage of forceful strikes upon his face.

A sharp cry of pain escaped Taehyung's lips as the second assailant retaliated, delivering a powerful kick to his back. Jisoo, desperate by fear, frantically called out for assistance, hoping someone would come to their aid.

"HELP PLEASE!!!"

"HELPPPP!!!"

In a matter of seconds, Taehyung mustered all his strength to rise to his feet, but the two men wasted no time and swiftly fled from the scene.