Chapter Three

When Luna's eyes opened, she was in some sort of prison like hospital. She tried to sit up but found her wrists were bound. Something was different though she could once again feel Henry in the back of her mind. He was scared and lost but she didn't care after what he'd done she didn't believe she'd ever care in fact she wanted him out. She didn't want the what used to be comforting now terrifying presence in her mind. She was disgusted. For the first time in her life she just wanted her mother. She was pulled from these thoughts when a tall brown-haired man walked into the room.

"Hello Luna, I'm Doctor Brenner and I'm going to look after you now"

" Please I want to go home"

"I'm afraid you can't we need to know more about what you can do"

"Where's my mother you can't keep me here"

"This might be hard to understand but your mother has given you over to me so I can help you with your abilities but don't be scared we're going to take great care of you and your friend"

"He's not my friend not anymore"

"Well ok then let's talk more about that later for now you just rest"

Six months went by same people, same walls, same tests and for the first month Luna refused to eat or talk to the man that made her call him Papa. Then the food got blander and blander same sludge each day and after two weeks of that she gave into Papa doing completing the tasks he set her for privileges and treats. First small tasks move this, crush that and as the months went on the tasks got harder and their 'therapy' sessions more troubling. Papa had begun to make her talk about Henry and that horrible night also about what she saw in his mind. What the doctor didn't know was that although he kept them separated Luna could still feel him in her mind and after three months of radio silence he was reaching out more and more each day she didn't just feel him anymore she dreamed of him and sometimes and she swore she could hear him begging her to answer. She refused.

Today started like any other breakfast health checks blood tests and now she was in the task room staring at an orderly.

"Luna I want to you make him complete the tasks written down here" papa said. He handed her the paper on it was written:

4 steps forwards

2 steps to the right

180 degree pivot

Papa had never tested this ability before she was nervous so far she hadn't failed a single task and she was beginning to get the urge to make him proud. She looked up at Papa who nodded signalling her to begin. She easily connected with and suspended the orderly's thoughts projecting the commands into his mind. The orderly did as commanded in a robotic manner before blinking in confusion. Her nose barely bled and her head didn't hurt at all she was becoming stronger.

"Very good Luna"

"Thank you Papa" she smiled she'd made him proud.

"Come on let's get you a treat and have a chat" he took her hand and let her to his office.

Sometime later after going over her and Henry's relationship for the millionth time she was left in her room alone once again but while waiting for dinner Papa burst in with a smile on his face.

"I've worked it out Luna it's you who has unlocked Henry's abilities somehow, we will have to find out how some sort of psychic connection maybe but it's a huge step in the right direction. One day we will make history together" he said pleased but all Luna could hear was that it was her who had unlocked Henry's abilities guilt twisted in her stomach this was all her fault.