Shes my friend

Pipers POV;

There he stood in front of me pulling all his clothing on, after getting me my trousers and a T-shirt he still had from when I'd stayed here.

Hell he'd even helped me put it on when I winced trying to push my arm through.

But now, he was hardly speaking to me. Hardly looking at me, "Peter?" I dared to start, he nodded still not looking in my direction. "Do you regret that?"

This caught his attention, he'd now turned to look at me after pulling the T-shirt he had in his hands over his head, "what?"

"You just seem weird now, like you couldn't get away from me quicker" I knew I was overthinking but I couldn't help but push for answers.

"I'm getting ready, there is still innocent lives been taken Piper, not to mention I'm supposed to be at the compound keeping an eye out for anything suspicious" at this my eyes widened. Shit, I'd totally forgotten.

"Tris" I shot up from my seat grabbing my boots.

The boots that were snatched out my hand quicker than I'd seen anyone move in a long time, "no" was all he said.

"No? What do you mean no?"

"You're staying here Piper" he confirmed lifting my boots up above us when I tried to grab them back, "if Eric seen you.." he warned.

"I don't give a shit if Eric see's me" I protested pushing his chest slightly, not that it did much considering he didn't even move an inch.

"Yea well I do" he held my chin keeping my gaze on his. "He could kill you"

"He will kill Tris" I emphasised knowing she'd try and save everyone, be the hero.

"That's what Four is there for" my eyes creased, surely he knows how ridiculous he sounds. I had to help her.

"Peter you can't keep me here, I am going to find her"

"No Piper-"

"She's my friend, I need to help her" I noticed his eyes soften, he looked to the side for a brief moment before huffing loudly and dropping my boots.

"I'm going to regret this, but, I'm coming with you" he looked down at me. I shook my head quickly and he continued, "I'm not letting you go on a suicide mission alone, if you're going to find her I'm helping you" he held my shoulders pulling me into a hug before I could argue.

I wrapped my arms around him holding him, I knew he wouldn't let me go myself, he has a habit of saving my life.

"Besides, we will have the advantage" he started talking again.

"What advantage?" I peered up at his from his shoulder.

"Eric thinks I would do practically anything he asks of me, he won't see this coming" he was right, I knew he was and yet I still didn't want him to come with me, I've already lost my brother I refuse to lose Peter too.

"But you'll get hurt" I stepped back from his embrace to sit down and put my boots on.

"So will you"

———————

"I know where she'll be" he spoke very seriously while sneaking back to the dauntless compound checking to ensure I was following behind him this whole time. I nodded. Trying to speak as little as possible to avoid getting found.

He'd been heading towards one of the side doors for the compound thinking we were less likely to get caught.

"Oh my God" a silent gasp left my lips. An abnegation woman lay, dead in the alleyway. Peter had stopped too, I swear I recognise her but why I would recognise someone from abnegation, "that's Tris's mother" the words rolled off my tongue as they came to my head.