Impossible

Peters POV;

She lay sleeping, hair sprawled across the pillow looking angelic when I woke. I didn't have the heart to wake her so I slid out carefully, and closed the door behind me.

I shook my head and smiled walking toward the kitchen, the light had just started to peak in and-

What the fuck?

"Wren?" I spoke to the man sat on my couch across the room. "How the fuck did you-"

"Can I talk to you Peter? While she's asleep" he looked the most serious I'd ever seen him. I made my way over to sit in the chair across from him. Putting my hand out to coax him into telling me. "It's about Piper"

I tried to barely acknowledge his statement grabbing a bottle of water from the table in front of me for myself and one for him, "what about her?"

He took a long swig as if he was worried about saying what he had to say.

"Look I'm taking a huge risk telling you this" he started putting the bottle back down, "I'm quite literally risking my sisters life" that caught my attention. My eyes scanned his face for any hint of emotion all I was getting being fear. "You care about her right?"

I shrugged unable to admit to her brother just how much I cared.

"God dammit Peter do you care for her?" He started to yell quickly realising she was still asleep in the room down the hall.

"Yea"

"I need you to keep her safe, because I can't from Candor when she's in dauntless" my brows creased, keep her safe?

"You're freaking me out a bit here mate" I gave him a look expecting even something as small as a smile back, a laugh maybe.

"My girlfriend did her aptitude test" he confirmed, "she told her it was dauntless" he looked me in my eyes. "It wasn't"

"What she's erudite? Big surprise" I chuckled slightly.

"I'm not joking Peter."

"Okay what was it then?" I threw my hands up in defence. Surely she didn't get amity or abnegation.

"Dauntless" after he spoke I laughed.

"Are you fucking with me? You just said she wasn't dauntless" I stood up to walk away because I couldn't actually be bothered with his shit right now after all that happened yesterday.

He grabbed me.

"And erudite"

My heart stopped. She's divergent.

I didn't answer just stared at him looking for any sign to show he was lying.

"I heard what you did for her yesterday, I figured I could trust you to keep her safe" he confided. I shook my head.

I'd been working with Eric for weeks now in regards to erudite's plans for the divergent. Their plans for abnegation, god I'd agreed to help them find those who were divergent and help with the war the were going to wage without having to be brain washed.

I couldn't go back on that.

"You're asking me to choose your sister over my faction?" I scoffed grabbing my wrist back.

"Yes" he had to be joking. "I've trusted you with this, God Piper doesn't even know"

I stood back shaking my head again.

"Get out"

"Peter, I need you to protect her" He protested.

"Get the fuck out my place" I can't choose her. "Faction over blood never mind a quick fuck" I spat venomously at him.