Copy everyone else

Pete,

I hope you get this, I wouldn't be surprised if Piper got to it first.
Listen, I know I overloaded you with information the other morning, I should've explained everything better, told you exactly what was going on.
So, if you read this I guess that means I didn't have the opportunity to tell you in person.

While in erudite I was one of Jeanine's 'go to's', even tried to convince me to come back after choosing Candor. She used to tell us all about the divergent, you know she made me believe they were bad, wrong genetically, that they'd kill us all. When in reality that would be her doing.
She had arranged alliances with one of the dauntless guys, I'd never particularly liked the guy so that's when I started digging.
She doesn't want to lose power, she's scared the divergent would cause her to, so she wants them all found and killed, that puts someone in danger.

I knew they'd created a serum, a serum to only effect those who were not divergent. Of course I know now, this won't work on Piper.

They found out about my girlfriend lying over a 'Canning'  test, I couldn't let them find out about her, so I made it look like my test, I am still a Canning after all. They're looking for me Pete and I can't avoid them forever.

Candor could only keep my safe for so long, now I need to keep her safe.
I know you care even if you don't know it yourself, I trust you man.

Keep my sister safe for me.

Wren.

Pipers POV;

He'd been sat in there for practically an hour. An hour that I'd sat alone trying to keep my mind off what I'd seen.

I'd wandered around. Tidied the mess and scrubbed the carpet that still showed the tiniest bit of blood. Blood that was Wrens from his altercation with Peter.
"That'll do" I whispered to myself standing up and looking directly ahead to see the door open and a worried looking Peter stand in the frame. "What's wrong?"

He walked to me, slowly. Pulling me in to a hug when he'd reached me. This was very unlike him. "I know why" he muttered.

"Why what?" I pulled back slightly, his hands staying on my shoulders.

"Why he was killed" I went to talk but he continued, "you have to trust me to keep it from you only until I know it's safe to tell you" I shook my head backing up from him.

"No you'll tell me now" I demanded.

"I can't, there's only one thing I can do." I furrowed my brows looking up at him, "you need to go back to the compound, do not tell Eric or any of the other leaders about Wren" I tilted my head slightly getting more angry by the second, "you're going to wake up one morning and everyone else will be in a trance, you won't be, you need to pretend you are, do not let anyone see you question it just copy everyone else okay?"

"Really? That's the one thing you can do?" I shook my head, "be vague?"

"No the one thing I can do is save you from me" I stepped back, "I can't be with you, I have made a deal and I refuse to break it, not even for you" I let out a breathy laugh, that was not because what he was saying was funny but instead because I was shocked, "this is going to secure my future Piper, a future without you in it"

"You're joking right?" I lifted a hand, "surely this is a joke" I tried to convince myself.

"No, I've done you a favour warning you about this trance you won't be in, I won't tell anyone about you so long as you don't get yourself caught, I'm not risking my life for someone else" I was truly gobsmacked. "it's not what I do"