Chapter 4: Love Connection

The whole drama about Knuckles was quite shocking and confusing. After the heroes escaped successfully, they found out the truth that Knuckles was after the Master Emerald M.E. for short. It was a big green beautiful gemstone that held a lot of powers. Sonic's map carried Longclaw's message inside, Sonic's true mother owl since it's unknown who his real parents were. Were they dead? Did they abandon him? No one knows...

Since Tom and Maddie were still away, Sonic decided to solve this on his own with the help of his friends. Sonic was hesitating to take Y/N with him to the cold Siberia winter in Russia. The heroes nearly caused trouble but thanks to dance, they won. Sad that you missed the cutest moment there.

Y/N smiled as she saw Sonic being covered by Tails' tails to keep him warm. The fox... was a child. He was only 8. Not lying. Where were his parents? Did he live alone? She frowned as she couldn't help but remember Knuckles. Where was he? Was he close? Was he still a naive echidna? Why was he alone? Where was his kind? He mentioned that he was the last one left. 

Y/N leaned against the window frame to look up at the stars. it was so beautiful... Her eyes went wide. The Northlight! She quickly put herself warm as she walked outside, standing in awe. 

She wished to stare at it all night until the sunrise, but she remembered that she had a mission

She wished to stare at it all night until the sunrise, but she remembered that she had a mission. She needed to help Sonic with Tails. They were in Siberia for a reason. They were close. It was now up to Sonic to lead all of the three to the correct location. 

Y/N's heart was being weird for a few days already. Her heart was beating fast every time she thought of Knuckles. She was worried for him. But why? Why did she feel it? If only she asked Tom and Mad- wait, Tom told once Y/N the story between him and Maddie. He had the same symptoms and feelings! She was in love! But how? How would the relationship work? She was a human, Knuckles was an echidna, not exactly a human, though, he was really alive. Could it work, though? But Knuckles lived alone for a very long time, barely having knowledge like about Earth that we suppose to know.  

Y/N placed her gloved hand against her beating heart. It was really reaching out for Knuckles. She was in love. It was reasonable enough to explain why she was worried. She looked up at the sky and told softly: "Goodnight, Knuckles.

With Knuckles~

The red echidna was staying as well at the Northlight he saw. He was sleeping in a cabin with two people. You know who. He couldn't sleep. He was worried. But why? That girl... Eggman told him that she was called Y/N. Knuckles felt butterflies just as he mentioned her name. Why? He never felt these before! He was alone for so many years, busy with his whole life honoring his tribe. 

Knuckles may be naive, but he used Eggman's machine to find out and he found out that he was in love. What is Love? 

He heard that goddamn song playing while Eggman was dancing. It was a hard question. Everyone saw it differently. But love was that you cared for someone a lot, more than friendship but sadly, love was also painful. 

While the humans slept, Knuckles saw the most beautiful lights he's ever seen in his life. Woah... Oh, how he wished to watch it with Y/N...

Goodnight, Y/N."