Chapter 8

Queen Coral was laying again. Overhearing the commotion inside, Orca swam up to the doors to the nursery and peaked inside. King Gill was smiling his proud father smile again, while Queen Coral was again screaming her head off. She was obviously in excruciating agony.

But it wasn't painful enough according to Orca.

Unfortunately, this wasn't going to be as much fun as when she was in the egg, she could only do so much without altering the dragonet inside, but she could find some ways to make her mom regret her life even more.

So Orca enchanted the egg so that while Coral's contractions were trying to push it down, the egg would suddenly spiral to force its way back up.

Coral froze, the look on her face picturesque (in a morbid sort of way) as it twisted up. We'll never know exactly what it felt like, but it was sure to have felt very, very wrong. Coral started screaming again with new force.

Next, Orca enchanted the egg to pulse in size (just slightly so not to disturb the dragonet inside too much), timing it just right with the contractions like she had once done with her own egg. With each pulse, the egg would let out a sharp jolt of electricity.

Queen Coral's reaction was priceless. Of course Orca could do more, but she decided to leave it at that. She was compassionate after all (not. The little dragonet was a demon). Queen Coral would finish laying the egg eventually, the enchantments only went so far into complicating it, not preventing it entirely.

There was only one thing left to do. Orca took out Gill's tape recorder (Queen Coral had banished it from the room, so now Orca had it yay!), and started recording. Time Warner really needed to expand their franchise after all. Perhaps Orca would get on screen credit.

Orca sighed. She could see the start of her movie career dawning already. (Plus her future reign as Queen. That was sure to happen eventually.)