Chapter 11

Cupcakes at the top

Harmony stood in shock as she looked at Anthony. He finally remembered her.

She gasped at the scenery of her bakery. Instead of having small tables set up all around, only one was set up in the middle of the bakery. Lights hung loosely on the ceiling all around the place.

The table had a center piece that had a bouquet of Lillie's in a small glass vase. With a candle on a high pedestal along with two other dishes. Two dishes sat covered in the place for two people to sit.

"You did this for me?" Harmony asked as her eyes sparked with happiness.

"Yeah." He looked down nervously.

She wrapped her arms around him as he did the same to her. Harmony had missed the feeling of being in his arms, and her body pressed against his. She thought she would never be able to have the feeling in her chest again. Love.

"You remember?" Harmony looked up at him.

"Yes. And I feel like such an idiot." Anthony couldn't even look her in her eyes at the moment. He felt terrible about the things he said to and about her.

"Well don't. You didn't know." Harmony grabbed his hand leading him to the table. He pulled the chair out for her to sit and pushed it in. Then took the seat across from her,

"But that still doesn't excuse the way I treated you." Anthony shook his head in shame.

"Let's just talk about that later. For right now, I just want us to be together again. Happily. So what's underneath this dish?" Harmony asked.

"Well. Let's see." Anthony lifted the cover which revealed. A fairly large portion of shrimp Alfredo pasta, then he lifted the two in the center.

One contained a basket of breadsticks, while the other had desert.

"It looks great." Harmony smiled. Something she hasn't done in a long time.

"I'm glad. Now let's dig in." Anthony said and began eating.

As they ate they sat and conversed catching up with one another's lives, but the conversation was soon approaching them quickly.

"So. What are you gonna do about that girlfriend of yours?" Harmony asked.

Anthony stiffened. He had completely forgotten about Carly. And he truly didn't want to think about that right now."I'm going to break up with her." Anthony shrugged trying to look and sound nonchalant.

"Oh." Was Harmony's only response.

"Are you going to move back in?"

"No. We went too fast last time, and I think it's time for us to slow things down a bit before we jump into everything." Harmony fiddled with her fingers.

That's not what she wanted, but it was for the best. She couldn't fall for him so fast again, she almost lost him, and herself on the way. But Harmony didn't realize that, that is what love is. When you lose the other person a peice of you is gone.

"I agree. We won't move so fast this time. Just dates for now. But can I take you somewhere first."

"Sure. On one condition." Harmony smiled.

"What?" Anthony asked.

"You help me make a thousand cupcakes by tomorrow morning after 6ou get done showing me what you have to show me."

Anthony mouth dropped open at the number."How are two people going to make that many cupcakes in a few hours?"

"I don't know. But it beats me doing it by myself. And it may take longer because I only have two ovens, that's why I'm looking to expand."