Chapter 9

"So remind me why we have have go shopping again?" Harmony looked over at Julia with irritation.

"We are going out tonight, and you need something hot to wear." Julia looked through the rack full of dresses.

"I don't want to go out tonight. Plus I have to prepare some pastries over at the bakery, this woman named LeAnna is having a party. And I have to have the cupcakes, baked, iced and decorated by 11 in the morning." Harmony sighed in frustration. This was a huge order than she had to do alone, since Julia only knew how to man the register.

"Please. Its just for a few hours, plus how many cupcakes do you have to make 30?" Julia scoffed.

Harmony gave her a pointed look and placed her hands on her hips."Try a thousand." Julia's mouth dropped in shock.

"What the hell. You have got to be kidding me. Why the hell does she need a thousand cupcakes!" Julia exclaimed.

Harmony shrugged her shoulders,"Don't know and don't care. But no one is going to help me, so I gotta get started soon." Harmony hinted at the racks.

"And you will. Once you find something to wear for tonight." Julia persisted and moved to a rack full of skirts.

"Look. You know how I am about work."

"Yeah, I do. Which is why we are going out." Julia inspected a short skirt from the rack.

"Am I ever going to win this argument?" Harmony asked.

"Nope." Harmony sighed at Julia's response and looked at the rack of skirts.

"Well, might as well find something I like." She muttered.

***
An hour later, Harmony stood in front of her full length mirror in her bedroom. She inspected herself from head to toe debating on whether or not she should do this.

"Don't even think about changing your mind." Julia walked in from the bathroom her heels in her hand.

"I wasn't." Harmony gave her a fake smile.

Julia gave her a ' yeah right' look and proceeded to put on her heels.

"Ready?" Julia asked as she fluffed her hair in the mirror.

"Yeah. I guess." Harmony muttered.

They walked outside and got into Julia's car speeding off to an unknown location.

"Oh yeah, where are we going anyway?" Harmony asked scanning the scenery.

"Don't you worry your little head. We will be there in five minutes." Julia smiled devilishly.

Harmony knitted her eyebrows and shook her head not wanting to feed into Julia's craziness. She pressed the unlock button on her phone and was greeted with a picture of Anthony and herself.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't let him go. She loved him, and he felt the same, until he lost his memory and was brainwashed. Harmony felt the vehicle come to a stop, and looked up.

"You have got to be kidding me?" Her head snapped in Julia's direction. "Why are we at the bakery?"

"Just go in." Julia looked at her.

"No. Not until you tell me why."

"Well. I guess you'll keep your guest waiting." Julia smiled and grabbed some lip gloss out of her purse.

"What guest? The sign says its closed." Harmony rolled her eyes.

"Just go in and stop interrogating me. You will find out once you get in there."