Chapter 8

Mystery Guy on the side (Lance Gross)

Harmony felt a huge relief off her back as she dropped the box on the floor with a thud. She had been helping Brooklyn move into her little cottage.

The hadn't had much stuff, so Harmony was sure they had to go shopping later on this month. Brooklyn walked in carrying another box in her hands and dropped it next to the one Harmony recently sat down.

"This place is gorgeous." Brooklyn looked around in awe. The room was fully illuminated, as the wooden floors glistened. Most of the place had furniture, but they had to get groceries and a few other necessities.

"I'm glad you like it." Harmony gave her a full blown smile, and looked back down at the boxes.

"So where do you want this?" Brooklyn turned her head to see what Harmony was talking about, and saw her holding up a small picture. Brooklyn felt a flood of emotions slap her in the face, as she saw the familiar face in the frame.

Chubby cheeks, beautiful and intense eyes with a slight dullness to them. Soft caramel skin and long beautiful hair. Brooklyn recognized it almost instantly, it was her mom. Brooklyn quickly grabbed it and glanced up not meeting Harmony's eyes, "I'll put it away." She muttered and quickly but it in her personal box.

Harmony nodded not wanting to push it out of her and continued to help. "So, how long have you been alone?" Harmony said trying to strike up a conversation.

"Since before Elijah was born." Brooklyn shrugged not wanting to go any further with the topic. "How about you?" Brooklyn placed an empty vase on the shelf next to a picture of Elijah.

Harmony's body tensed at the question. How long had she been alone? Her mind went back to those horrible months and she realized. She had been alone for a few months. The love of her life had broken her heart and threw it away without even realizing it. "I-I um, for about a few months now." Harmony stuttered and swallowed visibly.

"Who was the lucky guy?" Brooklyn threw a wink in that direction. Not knowing of the thoughts that were running through her head.

"Um, he-." Harmony's phone cut her off. She breathed a sigh of relief, saved by the bell. She quickly answered it.

"Hello?" Harmony asked, she didn't bother looking at the caller ID.

"Hey Harms. Do you mind going shopping today?" Julia asked on the other end. This was a little strange since it was the middle of the week. Not really putting much though into it, Harmony replied with a simple 'yes' and awaited Julia's response.

"Ok, I will pick you up, where are you?" Harmony hadn't told Julia about Brooklyn yet, and didn't plan to until she was completely settled.

"Just pick me up from my house." Harmony said as Brooklyn raised an eyebrow in her direction.

"Ok, see you at twelve." And with that Julia cut there line of communication.

Harmony and Brooklyn continued working and talking, getting to know one another more.

***

Ashley walked into the house and sat the keys on the table, she placed her bags delicately by the front door and looked around. "Anthony!" She exclaimed throughout the condo.

She was greeted by silence, slightly happy, Ashley called his name out once again. But for the second time no answer.

She pulled out her phone and dialed a number quickly. "Hey, I just got here. You can come over....Can you be here in 10 minutes?..... I can't wait." She blew a kiss into the phone and hung up.

Ten minutes later he showed up as planned and she greeted him at the door." I missed you." She kissed his lips.

He kissed her back, his hands roaming her small frame." I missed you too. Good thing I could get away for a while."

"You can't stay long?" Ashley led him inside the house, and he couldn't help but feel like this house was familiar but not taking notice of it.

"No." He sighed knowing this would start an argument. It seemed like she wanted him to quit his job, but he wasn't about to live off of a woman. He had worked too hard for his lifestyle.

"Are you series, James? You know I want to see you, why can't you just take a vacation day or something?" She turned to him as she sat down on the couch.

"You know why. Why do we have to always argue about this every time we see each other?" James rolled his eyes. This argument is why he always left, why couldn't she just understand.

"Oh, well excuse me for seeing the man I love." Ashley looked away hurt, she really did love James, and Anthony was just for the money. She grew him out when he became too attached. After the abortion or "miscarriage" he became clingy.

"And I love you, but you have to understand. I love my job." James grabbed her small hand in his seeing their skin contrast.

Ashley looked at him, and saw him give her a pleading looking. She sighed and muttered, "Fine." She kissed his lips, and looked into his eyes.

James smiled and looked around the house. This was his first time here, other times it was his place. His eyes caught a picture and he did a double take.

He got up from the couch trying to get a closer look at the image. He felt a tug on his arm, and James blinked then turned back.

"What are you doing?" Ashley asked him looking curious.

"Nothing." He muttered and led her into a heated kiss. That soon led to something more in the master bedroom. But the whole time, James thought about that picture that held a familiar face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James and Ashely??? Who expected that?

Sorry for such a late update.

For those of you who forgot, James is Anthony's friend who is a detective. He was the one who helped him find Harmony

QFTC: Why do you think Harmony doesn't want to tell Julia about Brooklyn yet?

Teaser: Long time no see.........

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy