Chapter 2

Harmony on the side or at the top

Carly looked around trying to make sure no one followed her. She had to be sure that no one knew about this.

She approached the counter and glanced at the woman behind it.

"What can I do you for?"

"I'm here for my appointment. Its under Ashley Lewis." She said her nails nervously tapped against the counter.

"Of course. Your right on time. Follow me." The woman grabbed the folder beside her computer and began to walk into a direction.

Carly eagerly followed ready to get this over with. "Your nurse will be here shortly." The woman said and set the folder down on the table.

The woman cast a look back at her and sighed.

A few minutes later another nurse walked into the room. "Good Morning." She said.

Carly didn't reply only looking at her nails.

The nurse glanced up and did a double take. "Ashley? Ashley Lewis. You went to Titan High. Its me Brooklyn." She said smiling.

Carly looked up at her old best friend and smiled fakely. "Oh hi. How's life?"

"It OK. My son and I are making it through. I have or at least had two jobs, but I'm going searching again today." Brooklyn began to prepare all the materials. "How about you?"

Carly knew this was the perfect opportunity to say how much her life was better. She never really like Brooklyn, and this was gonna be the icing on the cake. "Well, Ive got a rich fiancé, and we've been through a lot. Can I trust you with a few secrets? Well of course I can you have no friends anyway."

Brooklyn felt a slight sting from that but never said a word.

"So, my fiance who by the way is Anthony Jackson. Was dating this girl, and I had to get rid of her. So I teamed up with this other guy who kidnapped her. And Anthony being how he was in "love" with her, he got himself shot, and lost his memory. He forgot about her, and now he loves me. I "was" pregnant in his eyes but had a "miscarriage" so he thinks. Now I'm getting the abortion."

Brooklyn was in shock. This girl was crazy and delusional. I've got to get out of here. She thought.

"Well." Brooklyn cleared her throat. "Your doctor will be here shortly." Brooklyn hurriedly left the room and closed the door behind her.

She passes by the Carol behind the front desk and said,"I'm going on lunch." And left the clinic.

***

Brandon walked through the streets on his way to Harmony's bakery. He and Harmong had become very close, and she was like little sister to him. When he walked through the doors he saw her behind the register.

He patiently waited in line and saw a woman in front of him. She had curves in all the right places and was gorgeous.

"I'm sorry. But it seems that you are two dollars short." Harmony said looking sadly at the woman.

"I'm so sorry Harmony. I'll just have the coffee then." She rushed, her hands fumbling through her purse.

Harmony placed a reassuring hand on the woman's nervous one. "Here's what I'll do. I know you need a job, so I will let you work here. And I know you have a job at that clinic but you can quit. And you can gt anything you want on the house. Do you accept, I'm not taking no for an answer?" Harmony smiled.

Brooklyn began to cry,"Thank you so much." She cried.

Brandon felt a tug at his heart as he heard the woman cry. She made him want to protect her.

"I have to go, Elijah will be getting out soon. But I thank you so much, and I'll be here first thing in the morning. Thank you. Thank you." She said rushing out he door.

Brooklyn passed Brandon and almost stopped. That guy is gorgeous. She nearly bumped into the glass door. Barely making it to her car.

Brandon turned to Harmony at the counter. "Who was that?"

"Oh, that's Brooklyn. She always comes in here during her lunch break. But she is really struggling. Just trying to help out a friend. Why?"

"Just curious." He shrugged. Harmony looked him over suspiciously but let us it go. There potentially could be love brewing.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

So does anybody else think Ashley is dumb?

QFTC: What model plays Harmony? (For he next few weeks, we are going to see how much you know about this book.)

Teaser: Anthony remembers.......

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy