Chapter 45: Unleashed

BHOCAMP #BlaRis #BHOCAMP10TWC

CHAPTER 45: UNLEASHED

ERIS' POV

"I hate to say this, but this is a bit creepy."

Mahinang napatawa si Blaze at nilingon niya ako. "We're getting near. The island is not that far from our wedding venue."

Madilim na ang paligid. Kung wala lang akong tiwala sa kaniya ay baka kanina pa ako nag-aya pabalik. Wala pa kaming trenta minuto na nakaalis. If we're near the place he's talking about then it's not really that far.

"What made you think of buying an island?"

"Remember when we were in Canada? Before we went home, we were talking about our plans for the future. We both didn't want to quit or jobs, but you said that you hope that I'll find other things to love."

"I remember."

"I don't think I'll find something to love more than you."

Napangiti ako. "And?"

"I want to step back a little from our job, from time to time, and just... I don't know, make enjoying life a hobby. Whatever it is, may it be just lazing around, trying out things for our bucketlist, or just simply having you for myself."

"Lugar kung saan masosolo mo ako?"

He chuckled, "That's on the top of the list, yes."

Isinandal ko ang siko ko sa gilid ng speedboat at nangulumbaba ako habang pinagmamasdan siya. I like seeing him this way. He looked so free.

"Almost losing you and almost dying, put things into a clearer perspective. Our job needs us to be in control. Kailangan para sa misyon, para sa kaligtasan natin, at para sa pinoprotektahan natin." He turned his head to me again; his head windblown and his eyes alight with happiness. "I want to let go a little, and when I do that, I want to do it with you."

"I want that too," I said in a way that mirrors what I feel.

We settled into silence as we took pleasure in the soft breeze and the smell of the ocean. What seemed like ten minutes or so had passed, and I caught a glimpse of something ahead of us. Habang palapit na palapit doon ay lumalaki ang liwanag na nakikita ko.

Nanglaki ang mga mata ko ng tuluyan ng bumungad sa amin ang isang maliit na isla. Even from the distance, I can see the house in the middle. It's big, open, and it's modern, but not in a way that it takes away from the beauty of the island. It looks like it's built to be efficient and so that it could last for a long time.

"When did you buy this?" I whispered as I stared in awe at the view.

"Before we went to Canada I already made an offer, but officially, I bought it before I proposed to you. Gawa na iyong bahay, but we can renovate it if we want. The previous owner was a friend and they rarely visited this place—"