Pirate Cowboy

Texas and Tito were swimming together, having a nice time, when Tito realized something.

"Why don't you put your head under the water?" Tito asked.

"Oh... I don't know how...?" Texas said.

"But it's so simple! You just put your head under and hold your breath," Tito said.

"But... what if the water goes in my nose?" Texas asked.

"It won't, just don't sniff! C'mon, let's go under together!" Tito exclaimed. Texas didn't want to, but he wanted to act cool, so he held Tito's hands and they quickly went under...

It was dark

It was wet

Texas knew he couldn't breath

He panicked

Which made him want to hyperventilate

But after not even a moment of opening the airways of his nose he realized his oopsie

Tito noticed Texas grabbing onto him in fear, and pulled him out of the water and to the safety of the shallow area, where they sat in the tiny ripples of the water meeting the shore. Texas was coughing desperately, and for a second Tito worried that he was watching him die.

"Are you ok?" Tito asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm ok...," Texas said between coughs.

"I'm sorry... I didn't wanna hurt you," Tito said.

"You didn't, I just got scared," Texas said. The two were silent for a moment, and Texas started to cry. "I-I... I'm not a sea monster... I can't even swim underwater...," Texas cried.

"Oh, it's ok!! You... you don't have to be a sea monster!" Tito exclaimed.

"But then we can't be friends," Texas cried.

"No, we can! You'll just be... um... uh....," Tito said. Texas was crying more, because he felt like it. "You can be a... A PIRATE! You have an eyepatch, and pirates love the sea!!" Tito exclaimed.

"But don't pirates hate sea monsters?" Texas asked.

"Well yeah... but you're a cool pirate! You love all sea creatures because... uh...," Tito said, trying to figure out the backstory of this make-believe lore they're crafting.

"Because... oh! Because I was raised by magic beings, so I like magic!" Texas exclaimed.

"Exactly!" Tito exclaimed. Texas smiled.

"I'll still keep my necklace though... it's a gift and I love it," Texas said. Tito smiled.

"I love mine too... thank you for coming here, I was kinda scared you wouldn't," Tito said. The two shared another hug, when suddenly...

"TITO THERE YOU ARE OH MY GOD I WAS SO TERRIFIED!!!!" Italy exclaimed, picking Tito up and holding him close.

"Texas, what's going on?! What are you two doing here?!" America exclaimed. Texas noticed the sun peeking up from the horizon.

"Um... enemy stuff," Texas said. The adults all sighed.

"Yeah... enemies... Tito, don't sneak off like that again ok?! If you want to hang out with Texas, just ask me and we'll set it up," Italy said. Tito sighed.

"Ok papà...," Tito said. Italy and Tito left, and Texas went back inside with America.

"Tex... please don't lie, do you like Tito? I know he's your 'enemy'... but he's really your best friend... isn't he?" America asked. Texas sighed.

"He is my friend... don't tell anyone though! It's a secret," Texas said. America nodded.

"At least you admit it...,"

Here drawing I made :>