Girls are magic

Texas was playing with his horse toys, when suddenly he remembered something.

"Daaaaaaad when can we let April move in?" Texas asked.

"Hm? Who's April?" America asked, sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Abuelo said I can have her. She's my horse," Texas said. America chuckled.

"Hon, we'd need to build her a stable in the backyard, and taking care of a horse is a lot of work," America said.

"... but we'll bring her home eventually right? Jackie wants to meet his horsey sister," Texas said, petting his new doggy. America sighed and smiled.

"I'll talk to Mex about it... speaking of, I needed to ask you a very important question," America said.

"Really? What?" Texas asked.

"How would you like being a big brother?" America asked.

"What does this have to do with April?" Texas asked.

"Well, if you can take care of a baby sibling, I'm sure I could trust you with a horse," America said.

"Oh... what's sibling?" Texas asked.

"Like, a little brother or sister," America said.

"Hmm.... I'll be right back," Texas said, walking away.

"Ok, why am I biking you around town again?" Puerto Rico asked, fastening onto his bike one of those cool wagon things that can be attached to bikes that I've seen cool dads ride their kids around in.

"Because I wanna ask around about why I'd want a baby sibling! And to start off, I wanna ask abuelo!" Texas exclaimed.

"Ah, gotcha, well, I'm not biking all the way to your abuelos house, so why don't you give me the list of who you want to ask, and I'll judge who's closest," PR said. Texas nodded and handed PR his notebook. "Oh yeah, you still don't know how to spell. Ok, just tell me and I'll go," PR said.

"Ok, to Auntie Maples house!" Texas exclaimed. They went the very short distance to Auntie Maples house, and knocked on her door.

"Hello? Oh, hi Texas! Hi Puerto Rico! Is everything alright?" Canada asked.

"Do you like having siblings?" Texas asked.

"Oh, of course! Why?" Canada asked.

"Because I think my dads are interested in getting me one," Texas said.

"Oh! They are? Since when? Do they need a surrogate?" Canada asked. Texas stared at her blankly.

"Pro tip: five year olds don't know what that means," Puerto Rico said.

"Well, siblings can be annoying at times, but it's like, having a friend who's related to you! That is, if you can get along," Canada said.

"Oh! Ok! Thank you!" Texas said, pretending to take notes but just writing scribbles onto a piece of paper.

Next, the two of them went to ask Texas's grandma and grandpa.

"A little sibling? Oh, you'd be such a good brother! And you'd be able to help your parents by taking care of them," Britain said.

"Sounds fun! What do you think grandma?" Texas asked. France hummed.

"I'd like a granddaughter...," France said. Texas made note of this.

After that, they went to ask Texas's uncles.

"Another kid? That'd be chaos," Australia said.

"Yeah, but I think if I had to suffer with having a baby you around, Texas can bear that burden too," New Zealand said. The brothers began arguing, and PR rolled his eyes and carried Texas back to the bike.

Next, they went to ask the council of Great Uncles.

"A sibling?" England said.

"I think that'd be good," Northern Ireland said.

"Ames always wanted a big family," Wales said.

"Well, mostly to make up for his sad childhood," Scotland said. The other great uncles gave him a look that screamed 'really? In front of the child?'. "Am I wrong?" Scotland asked.

"Don't pay attention to him, I think it'd be lovely," England said. Texas smiled and nodded, silently wishing he had inherited his grandpa and great uncle's cool accents.

Next, they went to ask his friends, starting with Nekomi and Holly, who were in the middle of a play date.

"A little sibling? They're small, giggly, and poop and cry a lot," Holly said sweetly.

"I do all those things!" Texas exclaimed.

"Make sure yours is a girl though. Girls are magic," Nekomi said.

"Really?" Texas asked.

"Uh-huh! All brothers need a sister to keep them out of danger! And sisters like brothers who will give them hugs when they're sad," Holly said.

"I like hugs!!" Texas exclaimed, already feeling 100% qualified to be a sisters brother.

Next, they asked Philip.

"I dunno... we can still hang out if you get a sister right?" Philip asked.

"Uh-huh! She can join us! Girls are magic," Texas said.

"But I'm a superhero! You don't need a sister to save you, I will!" Philip exclaimed.

"You still can! We'll just have some extra luck!" Texas exclaimed.

"Ok... we'll, if you really want one, then I think that's great!" Philip said.

Next, they went to consult the great psychic himself.

"Hmm.... I can't see anything about a sister right now... but I do see you... giving me the jolly rancher in your pocket," Bruno said.

"Fine...," Texas said, handing Bruno his last jolly rancher.

Then, they went to ask Tito.

"IM KINDA BUSY PLOTTING AGAINST YOU RIGHT NOW," Tito exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! I'll ask later!" Texas exclaimed.

"No, it's ok, I think a sibling is a waist of your time. Anyway, have your dad call my dad because I wanna meet you at the park tomorrow so I can sabotage you," Tito said.

"Ok! Bye Tito!" Texas exclaimed.

"Bye!" Tito exclaimed.

"Is... that your friend?" PR asked as they walked away.

"Nuh-uh, we hate each other," Texas said happily.

Next, they went to ask Texas's tíos and tías but ended up just going out to dinner and having fun. Afterwards, PR brought Texas home.

"Alright, see ya later bud," PR said.

"Wait! Do you think I should get a baby sister?" Texas asked. Puerto Rico laughed and patted Texas on the head.

"It's not up to me, but you're such a loving, happy-go-lucky kid, I know you'll make the best of it either way," PR said. Texas went inside, and after a bit of consulting with his dog, he made the final decision.

"Dad, papá, I want a baby sister," Texas said finally at the dinner table. Mexico chuckled.

"Well, we can't be sure it'll be a girl-,"

"Just ask nicely! I'm sure it'll work! Girls are magic after all," Texas said. Mexico and America smiled and shrugged.

"Whatever you say,"