Grampy and Gramma

Texas was having an absolutely amazing time hanging out with his abuelo, riding Angel, playing with April, and doing work around the farm. It was so amazing, that when Spain said he was going to be picked up soon to go back home, Texas decided that it was now time to be very upset.

"I don't wanna leave!" Texas whined. 

"Ay águilito, you're being picked up in ten minutes! I can't tell them to turn back now, they drove a long way to pick you up! They're really excited to see you," Spain said.

"Can you come with me?" Texas asked.

"Amor, I need to stay with the animals, I'm sorry," Spain said. Texas teared up, and Spain felt mega sadᵀᴹ. "Ay águilito, don't cry-,"

"I'M NOT CRYING," Texas shouted, which alarmed Spain. Texas had never been the angry-shouty type. Texas was rubbing his eyes aggressively, obviously trying not to cry. Spain slowly kneeled in front of him and gently pulled his hands away from his eyes.

"It's ok águilito, forget what I said... It's ok to cry. I'm sad to see you go too," Spain said. Texas sniffled, still trying to blink back tears, but more kept escaping. "You can visit all the time, ok? Your family back home just misses you very much," Spain said. Texas held onto Spain in a tight hug, which he happily returned. 

"Can you come visit me sometimes?" Texas asked. Spain paused. He moved to this old farm because things were simple. He didn't have to worry about people hurting him, nor did he need to fear accidentally hurting someone he loved. He could watch the world from a distance. He could safely admire everything from a distance. He had spent so long searching for peace and quiet, and finally found it at a distance.

"You know I'd go anywhere for you, águilito...I will go the distance," Spain said, and Texas knew he meant it. Suddenly, Spain's phone pinged. He checked it, and looked at Texas with a sad smile. "Well, he's here," Spain said. 

"B-but I don't want to go yet," Texas said.

"C'mon, it'll be ok! I'll visit very soon!" Spain said, trying to be cheerful. He opened the front door and grabbed Texas's suitcase, holding out his hand for Texas to take it, but Texas was still reluctant to go. Spain sighed. "Can you at least go out and give him a hug? He's missed you," Spain said. Texas hesitantly walked outside, expecting to see his papá. However, when he saw his grandpa waiting for him instead he immediately jumped into excited mode.

"GRAMPY!!!" Texas exclaimed, sprinting to Britain and jumping into his arms.

"Hello Texas! Oh I missed you so much!! I haven't seen you in ages!" Britain exclaimed, squeez-hugging Texas like a teddy bear. Texas was giggling, smiling brightly. Spain was smiling too, relieved Texas wouldn't be too heartbroken over leaving. "Did you two have a nice time together? My, Spain hasn't seen you since you were just two years old!" Britain exclaimed. 

"I got to ride horses! And pet chickens! And abuelo let me sit in the tractor with him!" Texas exclaimed happily. 

"Oh, that sounds exciting! Well, are you ready to go back home? Grandma is waiting for us, we can pick her up and go out to dinner somewhere!" Britain exclaimed.

"Can him come with us?" Texas asked, pointing at Spain. Britain smiled sadly at him.

"You can, if you'd like... I can even give you a ride back home tomorrow morning," Britain said. Spain looked to the side and fidgeted with his sleeve.

"Oh... maybe not this time...," Spain said. Texas frowned, however understood Spain must not want his animals to be alone.

"Very well...," Britain said softly. Texas didn't understand why both of them seemed sad. Spain put Texas's suitcase in the car and gave Texas a kiss on the forehead.

"Te quiero, águilito, por favor vuelve pronto," Spain said. Texas smiled and nodded. With that, they drove away from the small farm, Spain silently watching from his front porch.

Soon, after a long road trip, Texas woke up to Britain unfastening his seatbelt and picking him up. Texas smiled, recognizing where they were parked, knowing he was at his grandparents house. Seeing that Texas was now awake and squirming with excitement, Britain let him go so he could run inside and give France a hug.

"Gramma!" Texas exclaimed, barging into the house. France looked at him for a moment, and after a few seconds, smiled. Texas didn't mind, because he knew his grandma usually needed a second. He skipped up to her and gave her a big hug.

"Hello chéri, how was Spain?" France asked.

"Good, I got to ride horses and help him in the farm," Texas said.

"....That's nice, I'm glad you had fun," France said, stroking Texas's hair. "....I baked you some cookies," France said softly, looking around, trying to figure out where she put them.

"They're on the coffee table, love," Britain said. France smiled and nodded.

"There... right where I put them, I should've known," France said. Texas happily got a cookie, and Britain helped France to the couch so they could all sit together.

"So, where should we go to eat?" Britain asked. 

"I wanna go to the it-alien place!" Texas exclaimed. France had a look of confusion.

"The italian restaurant, nearby... Naples owns it, remember?" Britain said gently. France nodded, smiling.

"Yes... I like the margherita pizza," France said. Britain smiled and nodded.

"Perfect! Let's go there!" Britain exclaimed.

"Yay!" Texas exclaimed

ok byeeee