I Love You Too

(Warning: angst kinda, but don't worry, it gets somewhat resolved in this chapter and is nothing traumatizing. Texas doesn't let a little setback stop him from cowboy'in)

Texas and his grandparents got settled at the restaurant, and ordered some drinks while figuring out what to get.

"Paggetti," Texas said, doodling on the fun kids menu paper that has a bunch of games and stuff. Man, the more I write this book the more I miss being five.

"Spaghetti," Britain corrected, looking through the 'adult' menu. "Would you just like to share a pizza?" Britain asked. France nodded, silently sipping her water. 

"Grampy, can I have whiskey?" Texas asked, looking at the drinks menu in curiosity.

"I'm sorry love, those aren't good for you. I promise we'll get a drink together when your father says it's ok," Britain said. Texas smiled at Britain, deciding not to tell him he totally already had a whiskey without him when he snuck off to the bar that one time. Soon, Britain got up to use the restroom, and Texas was just talking about whatever while doodling on a napkin, while he let France do the word search on his menu. Soon, a waiter walked up to them.

"Hello you two, are you ready to order?" They asked. Texas smiled at them, but then realized France had just lost focus and couldn't figure out how to respond. 

"I wanna spapagetti but I don't want the salsa because I only like salsa on chips," Texas said.

"Alright, just plain pasta, would you like butter or cheese on it?" The waiter asked.

"Is butter the yellow stuff on pancakes?" Texas asked.

"I guess," The waiter said, slightly giggling because y'know.

"Oh! Yeah! lots of butter," Texas said. The waiter nodded and wrote down Texas's order. 

"And for you ma'm?" The waiter asked. France was quickly scanning the menu, but her mind could barely process what she was seeing.

"Um... hm...," France said, running her hand along the words on the menu, starting to tear up.

"Gramma and Grampy wanted to share a pizza," Texas said happily, taking Frances hand and placing it right where the pizzas were listed. France nodded and smiled politely.

"I like the margherita pizza...," France said softly. The waiter smiled understandingly and wrote down the order, taking their menus.

"Alright, it should be ready in a bit," The waiter said, before walking back to the kitchen. Soon afterwards, Britain came back from the restroom.

"Did they take our order?" Britain asked. France smiled and nodded.

"... Texas helped order," France said, giving Texas a pat on the back, while he smiled proudly.

"Very good, thank you for helping out dear," Britain said. Soon, the food arrived, and Britain tried to teach Texas how to eat food not sloppily. This was mostly unsuccessful. 

After dinner, Texas mentioned how he wanted a milkshake, and then before he knew it Britain handed him one. While they were walking out of the ice cream parlor, Texas noticed that the toy store had a cute cat plushy that looked like pebbles, so Britain got it for him without him even asking. He then saw a little girl holding a kite, and said he thought that was cool. Next thing he knew, he was at the park flying a kite with the girl while Britain, France, and the girl's father happily watched.

"This is nice," France said, happily swaddling herself in Britain's coat. Britain smiled.

"If only we had these kinds of memories with our kids...," Britain said softly. Texas and the girl continued flying their kites, and Texas, wanting to impress this potential new bestie, began trying to jump up onto rocks. Literally. Just jumping, and hoping he'd land on the rock, standing.