39

She sat on her bed before leaning ahead putting her elbow on her knees staring at the marble flooring in her room. She held her head feeling it hurting more with every passing moment.

"Why can't I believe this? I mean yes he is aggressive, he is dominating but he is not a bad man, and do the mafia exist in India as well", she questioned herself putting her hand on her forehead massaging it lightly.

But again Agastya was also one of them. These things were taking a toll on her as she felt the intense pain in her head. What actually happened to her life? A year ago, her life was to study and spend time with her family. It was simple and beautiful not like this. This is not at all how she wanted her married life to be.

She was even ready to bear his dominance, his anger issues but knowing her husband had connections with criminals was not at all acceptable. After all, she was a daughter of a civil servant, she can't be in connection with him. This won't be right for his father's clear image.

She pressed her forehead when her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller before turning it putting it facing the bed not wanting to see his name at the moment.

She never expected him to be like this. 

According to her dreams, she wanted to get married to a guy who would love her, and respect her and her family. Was this too much? Did she ask for too much?

She remembered the times when her classmates were saying how they wanted to be in her shoes. How it was a dream come true for them but nothing like this was her dream. She never asked for these things in her life.

These diamond necklaces, these expensive cars, these expensive mobile phones. Everything was just expensive, they didn't have much value to them in true form.

The phone he broke was gifted to her by her brother, it had so many emotions attached to it but all the things she was having today weren't having any such emotions. She felt like she was not even living fully. It was like her soul was imprisoned somewhere and she was just living.

And all this happened because somehow she did things that made him fall for her unknowingly. She was just a prison in his life or a doll he wanted to play with throughout his life. She shook her head before moving downstairs after switching off her phone.

"Bhai, I want to leave", she spoke which made her brother staring at her in confusion.

"Why?", he asked the only question he could understand at this moment.

"Bhaiya, they are very powerful people and I can't live like this knowing that he hid so many things from me and is still hiding I don't know how many secrets. If I went back, he would fill some lies in my mind which would be far away from the truth, and like the fool I am, I might even believe them. Please, I just can't stay here. If I stayed here, he would know in no time and I for a fact know that he won't let me go easily", Tara spoke looking at her brother with teary eyes when there was banging on the door making her eyes wide.

"Bhai", She called in a scared voice.

"Get out from the back window", he whispered as the banging increased making her feel goosebumps all over her body. He held her jaw softly making her look in her eyes before nodding his head.

She nodded her head at this running to the kitchen which had the giant window connected to it as she jumped out cautiously without making much sound. She ran away as quickly as she can to the bus stop. She knew where she need to be at this moment.

While back at home, the scenario was totally different. Dinesh pushed his hair back before calmly walking to the door to find the devil himself there with an angry look on his face.