36

The anniversary party was successful while Tara continued trying to move away from Arjun who was not feeling fishy about everything. She moved upstairs to her room to take a deep breath feeling hot under his constant gaze.

She sighed lying on her bed looking at the ceiling cupping her face taking a deep breath rubbing her warm skin. It was the result of his warm gaze on her. It was like he was digging holes in her skin. She sat up looking at their wedding picture with a blank face. She didn't know what she was doing.

 She heard the sound of the door opening making her turn to the door immediately feeling a shiver down her spine looking at his intimidating eyes.

"What are you trying to do, my love?", he asked closing the door behind him. She heard the clicking which meant locking making her take a step back.

"What am I doing?", she asked him trying to be as innocent as she can be.

He tilted his head to the right trying to calculate what was going on in her mind. She was always a clear mirror for him to read but right now her acting was not sitting well with him.

"Baby?", he called with little harshness in his voice making her stand straight feeling weird tingles in her body. She was not understanding what was going on with her. Even when she was trying to stay away from him, she was still getting attracted to him.

"We are leaving in an hour", he stated making her pout. She frowned before looking up at him this time ignoring his hot glare.

"No", she stated making him raise his eyebrows like he was mocking her.

"Come again", he spoke making her fist her hands shaking her head.

"I am not coming today", she spoke making him laugh at her innocent face making her glare at him. She didn't like him making fun of her. She was serious here not joking. Did he find this serious conversation funny?

"Are you coming like this or should I pick you up and take you with me", he spoke sitting on the sofa in her room like a boss making her part her lips in shock. How could he speak like this?

"I can't believe you are this shameless", she mumbled pouting sadly knowing saying this aloud is not worth it.

"Oh right, baby, I was thinking to throw you on my shoulder and take you back home. How is my idea?", he asked making her shift uncomfortably on her feet. She knew he could do everything he is saying right now which is scary as hell. If he did this, she won't ever be able to show her face to her parents because of embarrassment.

"When are we leaving?", she asked him moving to the door making him smile shaking his head.

"Any time you prefer my lady", he spoke like a gentleman making her roll his eyes. Gentleman and he doesn't match anywhere. She sighed walking downstairs knowing he wasn't going to let her go no matter what she did.

They took their leave from her parents moving back to his mansion. She didn't want to live lonely with him but he was persistent to shift back to his mansion. He didn't want any distraction when he was with her. 

He wanted to make the night more beautiful. He came out of the bathroom. She took a bath before him while he waited knowing she was tired because of all the preparations she need to make for her parents' anniversary.

He came out only to find her already deposited in bed seeming to fall asleep. He sighed moving to her side of the bed. He removed the blanket covering her face looking at her peaceful face as she breathed softly.

Never in his life, he ever thought he would feel this happiness which he was feeling seeing this girl beside her. She had changed his life so much. She made him feel more humanly which he thought wasn't possible. She made him know that he had a heart that was capable of doing something other than beating, loving.