Scare Game Kick Off

Xylie's POV

Today is the kick off for the Scare Games. Which I'm hosting with Claire and Brock. I was running a little late. Things have been a little crazy since we returned from break. Poor Mike is so sad that he isn't apart of the scare program anymore and I noticed Sulley angry. He constantly glared at Mike. But it wasn't his fault they were kicked out.

"Hi beautiful" Johnny says.

"I'm late Johnny" I tell him.

"So when will you be joining ROR?" he asks me.

"Ah never" I tell him.

"We had a bet" he reminds me.

"Which is nil and void" I tell him. "The bet was about whether or not Mike would beat Sulley at the Scare Final and get a better grade. Considering they both didn't do the test and were kicked out of the Scare Program. Our bet is mute" I explain. "Now, I have to get on stage" I add and left him.

"You're late" Claire tells me bored.

"Sorry" I say sheepishly as she hands me the mike. I clear my throat and turn to face the crowd. "Welcome everyone to this year's Greek Scare Games kick-off!" I announce. They all cheer.

"Yeeeah!" Brock screams into the other mike.

"Okay, relax" Claire tells him.

"This year we have a special guest. The founder of the Games. Dean Hardscrabble" I state. I step back with the other two as she stepped forward to address the crowd herself.

"Good afternoon. As a student, I created these games as a friendly competition. But be prepared... to take home the trophy, you must be the most fearsome monsters on campus. Good luck. And may the best monsters win" she says.

Brock stepped forward to explain how to apply as she stepped back. "Alright everybody! We're closing down sign-ups, so we'll see you all..." he starts to explain.

"Wait!" Mike shouts from a top a car. "I'm signing up!" he announces. Everyone starts to laugh.

"Uh... you have to be in a fraternity to compete" Claire tells him.

"She's right Mike, it's in the rules" I state.

"Behold! The next winning fraternity of the Scare Games, the brothers, my brothers... of Oozma Kappa!" he says pointing to the strange looking members of his new fraternity. I had no idea he's joined a fraternity. Dean Hardscrabble stepped forward to talk to him.

"Mr. Wazowski... what are you doing?" she asks.

"You just said the winners are the most fearsome monsters on campus. If I win, It means you kicked out the best scarer in the whole school" Mike states.

"That won't happen" she tells him and goes to leave.

"How about a little wager? If I win, you let me back in the Scaring Program" Mike suggests. She slowly turned to face him.

"And what would that prove?" she asks him.

"That you were wrong" he states. Everyone was shocked that he'd talk to the Dean that way. Hell I was shocked.

"Very well. If you win, I will let your entire team into the Scare Program" she tells him. She walks forward and stops right in front of him. "But, if you lose... you will leave Monsters University" she states. Mike thinks about it.

"Deal" he tells her.

"Now all you need to do is find enough members to compete" she tells him.

"We need six guys, right?" he asks confused.

"Sorry chief! We count bodies, not heads" Brock tells him. "That dude counts as one" he states pointing at the monster with two heads.

"A-anyone else want to join our team? Anyone at all?" Mike asks desperately. He looks at me.

"I'm sorry Mike, I am already apart of Greek Council" I say sadly. He nods his head in understanding. He looks around the crowd.

"Randy! Randy, thank goodness! I need you on my team!" he shouts at his dorm mate.

"Oh... sorry, I'm already on a team" Randy states showing off his ROR jacket.

"Boggs!" Johnny shouts. Randy whispers something at Mike before joining the other ROR members. "Do the thing" Johnny tells Randy. He becomes invisible, except for his jacket.

"Please, anybody? I need one more monster. Just one more!" Mike pleads. Claire takes my mike from me.

"Yeah, sorry. Doesn't look good. We have to move on. Your team doesn't qualify" she tells him. The car Mike is standing on starts to shake as Sulley joins him.

"Yes, it does. The star player has just arrived" Sulley announces.

"No way! Someone else, please! Anyone else!" Mike shouts.

"We're shutting down sign-up, okay. Is he on your team or not?" Claire asks him. Sulley gives Mike a cocky smile.

"Fine! Yes, he's on my team" Mike admits reluctantly.

"Good luck" the dean tells him before leaving.

"I'll see you later" I tell Brock and Claire. Before hoping off of the stage. I head over to Mike and grab his hand dragging him away from the crowd. "What were you thinking?" I ask him.

"That this is an opportunity to prove I belong here and in the scaring program" he states.

"But that deal you made with the Dean, if your team doesn't win. You have to drop out of this university completely" I tell him.

"I'm not worried about that, my team will win" he says confidently.

"Mike ROR has won the Scare Games for the last several years in a row" I remind him.

"Yes and I look forward to breaking their winning strike" he tells me. "You support me right?" he asks me.

"Of course I do, but I can't be seen showing favoritism" I tell him. "I'm one of the judges" I state.

"Don't worry, I don't want you doing me favors" he tells me. "Anyway I have to go pack, I'm moving into Oozma Kappa frat house tonight" he states.

"Ok, good luck with that" I tell him with a smile. I left and returned to my dorm room. I start to do my homework when Claire appeared.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me.

"Studying" I tell her.

"Well pack, we're moving" she tells me.

"What? Where?" I ask her confused.

"Our new frat house, it just finished being renovated" she states. "Curtsy of the Dean" she adds. "Now pack" she tells me. I do so and she lead the way to our new house. Brock was already there throwing a party.

"I'm gonna go unpack" I tell Claire. She told me which was my room and joined the party. I went to my room and unpacked. Then got back to studying, not in a party mood. Once I finished studying, I got ready for bed and called it a night.

A/N

Picture above of the teams.