Bedtime

Xylie's POV

I gave the kid some paper and crayons. She is drawing happily by candle light. While Sulley occasionally tosses her a piece of cereal from behind the chair I am sitting on. Mikey is still trying to come up with a plan behind him. As I read a book.

"How could I do this? How could I be so stupid? This could destroy the company" Sulley whines.

"The company? Who cares about the company?! What about us? That thing is a killing machine!" Mikey exclaims pointing to the child.

"It's only a toddler" I tell him as she spins around in circles.

"No it's a killing machine" Mikey says again. "I bet it's just waiting for us to fall asleep and then wham! Oh, we're easy prey, my friends, easy prey" he states. I roll my eyes and go back to my book. "We're sitting target" he adds as the child falls after making herself dizzy. I laugh lightly.

"Okay, look, I think I have a plan here. Using mainly spoons, we dig a tunnel under the city and release it into the wild" Mikey tells us.

"Spoons?" Sulley asks unimpressed.

"Mikey, we can't just release her into the wild. She'd never survive on her own, she needs her parents" I state. He scrunches up the paper he'd been drawing the plan on.

"That's it, I'm out of ideas. We're closed" Mikey states. He throws it over his shoulder. It hit the over flowing bin and fell on the floor. As he continues to ramble to himself. "Hot air balloon?
Too expensive. Giant slingshot? Too conspicuous. Enormous wooden horse? Too Greek!" he complains. The child holds up a drawing showing Sulley and I. It's them two holding hands. Awe, so cute.

"No plan. No plan. Can't think. Can't think. Flatlining" Mikey continues to whine. The child yawns dropping her drawing. Rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Uh, Mike? I think she's getting tired" Sulley states.

"Of course she is, she's stayed up why paste her bed time" I state.

"Well, then why don't you find someplace for it to sleep? While I think of a plan!" Mikey exclaims.

"No need to shout" I tell him as I close my book. As Sulley crawls towards the child cautiously.

"Are you sleepy? You want to sleep? ls that what you want?" he asks her softly. As I get to my feet, placing the book on the table.

"Lets put her in your room" I tell him. He nods his head and grabs the box of cereal he'd been tossing her. He leaves a trial for her as we go to his room. When we get there he goes to a corner and lays down some newspaper. I roll my eyes, she is not sleeping on the floor.

I head over to his bed as she enters the room carrying some of her drawings. I sit on the bed and gesture for her to come to me. As Sulley's back is turned. She comes over and I lift her up onto the bed. "Okay, all right. I'm making a nice little area for you to..." he starts to say.

The child giggles as I tuck her in. "No. Hey, hey, that's my bed! She's going to get her germs all over it" Sulley complains. I give him a pointed look and he sighs in defeat. "Fine. My chair is more comfortable anyway" he mutters. I smile and get up from the bed.

The child yells and we look at her. She points to the closet door. "It's just a closet. Will you go to sleep?" Sulley asks. She looks through her drawings and shows us one of a purple monster. "Hey, that looks like Randall" he states.

"Randall must be her monster, it'll make finding her door easier" I state. The child looks at the closet scared. "I think, she thinks Randall's going to come through the closet and scare her" I tell Sulley. Who sighs and heads over to the door as I sit back beside the child.

"Oh, boy, how do I explain this? Uh, it's empty. See" he says opening the door. Showing no Randall inside. "No monster in here" he states and enters it. He turns to face us. "Well, now there is but I'm not going to scare you. I'm off-duty" he explains and I chuckle.

The child still looks unconvinced. "Okay. How about I sit here, until you fall asleep?" he suggests as he grabs a crate. He sits on it in front of the closet.

"Well I should get home" I state. I go to leave and the child grabs my sleeve.

"I think she wants you to stay" Sulley states. I sigh and remove my shoes. I lay down beside the child. I start to hum a lullaby my mother used to sing me. The child snuggles into my chest and falls asleep. "Guess you're staying here tonight" Sulley says.

"Guess so" I state. "You sure you'll be ok on your chair?" I ask him. "Tell me if Mikey finally thinks of a plan in the morning" I tell him. "Good night" I say.

"Good night" he says and silently leaves the room not to wake the child. I look down at her. She is so adorable. I relax, resting my head on the pillow beside her head and close my eyes. Letting myself fall into a dreamless sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Boo in Sulley's bed.