Avoid the Parent

Xylie's POV

"Welcome everyone to the second challenge" Claire says and everyone cheers. We're outside the library. Brock introduced all the teams remaining.

"So what do you have to do, you ask?" I say addressing the teams. "Your task is simple. Enter the library, retrieve your teams flag and exit. Without being caught by the librarian. If even one of your team is caught, you're out" I explain.

"This should be easy" someone from the crowd says.

"Oh you'd be surprised how hard this will actually be" Brock says with a chuckle.

"Without a further ado, let the second challenge of the Scare Games begin" Claire says.

"Good luck" I say and the teams enter the library.

(Time skip)

"We are at the halfway point of the second event" Claire states quietly as we watch the competition from the balcony. "And things are getting interesting" she adds. As Eta Hiss Hiss gets their flag.

"Only two teams left" I announce.

"Who will make it out with their flag, and who will be eliminated?" Claire asks the crowd.

"In a real scare, you do not wanna get caught by the kid's parent. And in this event, you do not wanna get caught by... The Librarian" Brock states.

"Shhh. Quiet" the librarian says.

"What's so scary about a little old librarian?" Terri asks. An student steps onto the floor, which creaked. The librarian raises to her full height and man is she intimidating. She approached the student while everyone froze in place.

She picks up the student with one of her tentacles. Raising him to her height. "I said... quiet" the librarian states. Before throwing him out the window. We hear a splash as he lands in the river outside.

"I see what you guys were talking about" I say in a hushed tone to Claire and Brock. As the librarian browses the shelves. I focus on Oozma Kappa, who were slowly creeping towards the statue where the flags are. I can tell Sulley is getting impatient.

He finally losses patience and rushes past the rest of his team. He starts to climb a ladder and it falls. Making a loud bang sound. "No" Mike stresses. The librarian glares at Sulley and starts to approach him. Oozma Kappa split up.

Don begins making noise with his suction cups. As the Librarian turns to get him instead of Sulley, Terri and Terry begin dancing. "5, 6, 7, 8! Daddadata! Over here!" they shout getting her attention. She heads for them next forgetting Don. Then Art dances on the table making a racket throwing books everywhere.

"Is that legal?" a monster asks Brock.

"You better believe it, mop-top. The only rule is, don't get caught" Brock explains.

"Over here! Come and get me! Come and get me!" Terri and Terry shout getting the librarian's attention again. As she turned she knocked over the other team.

"Wait, where's Squishy?" I ask as I see the rest of Oozma Kappa running from the librarian.

"Guys! What are you doing?" Mike asks them.

"They said don't let her catch you" Terry tells him.

"They didn't say how!" Terri adds. I finally spot Squishy and smile as he grabs his teams flag. It was a good plan. They run outside.

"We did it!" Art shouts.

"No we didn't. We forgot the flag!" Mike shouts.

"You sure about that?" I ask him smirking as I lean on the railing. I look down at Squishy as he says Mike's name. Mike looks at him as he held up their teams flag.

"Way to go, Squishy!" Don, Terri, and Terry cheer.

"How?" Mike asks shocked.

"Misdirection" Terri states. The EEKS fly out of the library and into the river, which means they are eliminated.

"The EEKS have been eliminated! And Oozma Kappa live to scare another day" Brock announces.

"Congrats guys" I say.

"We're OK! We're OK! We're OK!" they chant. The crowd disperses and I join Oozma Kappa as we head for their house.

"I never felt so alive!" Squishy cheers.

"We were awesome!" Terri and Terry shout.

"It was pretty great" I tell them with a smile.

"Okay, look, that wasn't real scaring" Sulley states.

"It was better than what you did. You should've stuck to my strategy..." Mike starts to say.

"Whatever. Talk to me when we start the real scaring" Sulley states. Just then PNK show up in their car.

"Hey! You guys going to the party?" Carrie Williams asks us. She's the leader of the group.

"Yeah, Claire is making me go" I tell her.

"Oh, I, uh, think you got the wrong guys. We don't get invited..." Squishy starts to say.

"Party?" Mike asks interrupting him.

"The mid-games mixer at the ROR's. It's for the top scare teams" Britney states.

"You're one of us now, right?" Taylor asks.

"See ya there!" Carrie adds before they left.

"I have to go get ready, but I'll see you guys at the party" I tell them. Before going to my house. I go to my room and got ready for the party. I'd only be there for an hour, then come back to study. I hope the guys enjoy the party tonight and nothing ruins it for them.

A/N

Pictures above of the Librarian and picture on the external link where the students land after being thrown out of the library.