First Day of Classes

Xylie's POV

I had to wake Claire up this morning. She is not a morning person. I meet Mike for breakfast and he introduced me to his roommate Randall. Who likes to be called Randy. He can turn invisible. Honestly he creeps me out a little. After breakfast we went to our separate classes. Them Scaring 101 and me Human Decontamination 101. Most decontamination methods are often painful and those who go through it are forced to wear a plastic cone over their heads. I hope I can find less painful ways to decontaminate someone and get rid of those cones. But fist I must complete my education.

Anyway I was on my way to my first lesson when I hear someone shout. "Hey, yoo!" a guy shouts. I turn to see a big fluffy blue monster with purple spots. He had short horns and a spiked tail. "Can you help me?" he asks me.

"Depends" I tell him.

"On what?" he asks me confused.

"On if you tell me your name" I state.

"Right, Jimmy Sullivan. My friends call me Sulley" he states holding his hand out. I shake it with a small smile.

"Xylie Douglas, so what's the problem?" I ask him curious.

"I just got here and I'm suppose to be in Scaring 101. But have no idea where it is" he states. I bite my lip and look at the time. Something tells me he won't be good with directions. But if I show him the way, I'll be late to class. But I'm sure I could get a note from the Scaring professor to explain why I was late.

"My best friend is in that class, I'll show you the way" I tell him.

"Thanks, you're a lifesaver" he tells me. I feel my cheeks warm up and hide behind my long hair. I lead him to the classroom. Where Mike was explaining the properties of an affective roar. Sulley suddenly roars from beside me. Startling me and I jump my books. I knelt down to collect my books. "Oops. Sorry. I heard someone say roar so, I just kinda went for it" he states. As he left me to get my books on my own. Jerk.

"Very impressive, mister...?" the professor says. I think Mike said his name is Professor Knight.

"Sullivan. Jimmy Sullivan" Sulley states as he sits down.

"Sullivan? Like... Bill Sullivan? The scarer?" Knight asks.

"Yeah, he's my dad" Sulley says proudly. The other students gasp. I roll my eyes as I get to my feet holding my books.

"I should've known. I expect big things from you" Knight tells him.

"Welp. You won't be disappointed" Sulley tells him.

"Um, I'm sorry. S-should I keep going?" Mike asks.

"Nah, nah... Mr. Sullivan's covered it" Knight states. "Now who are you dear?" he asks me.

"Xylie Douglas sir, I'm not in this class. I was just dropping Sulley off" I state.

"Well I'll write you a note for your professor. Thank you for escorting Sullivan here" he tells me.

"It was a pleasure sir" I tell him as I approached his desk. "Thank you" I say accepting a note from him. "Have a good day Mike, see you at lunch" I say before leaving. I ran to my class and knocked.

"Enter" a woman says. I enter.

"Sorry I'm late ma'am. I have a note" I say sheepishly. She holds her hand out. I hand it to her and she reads it.

"Take a seat Miss Douglas, open your text book to chapter one. Read it and answer the questions at the end of the chapter" she tells me. I nod and sit in an empty seat. I start to do the work. But at the back of my mind, I can't seem to get Sulley out of my head for some reason.

I went to join Mike for lunch. But Claire intercepted me and had me sit at her table. "So have you thought of my offer?" she asks me.

"Look Claire, I don't know. It won't affect my studying right?" I ask her.

"Of course not" she states.

"Come on, join us" Brock says.

"Fine, a week trail period. Then I'll decide whether or not I'll join" I tell them.

"Sounds fair, deal" Claire says and we shake hands. "Oh and we're going to a party tonight" she states.

"I can't go, I have homework" I state.

"Homework is for nerds" Brock states.

"I need to keep up my grades" I tell them.

"Scholarship?" Claire asks and I nod my head. "Come on, one night won't hurt" she assures me. "Besides, it's our first day" she reminds me.

"And it's a fraternity and sorority party.We have to go" Brock adds.

"Fine" I say sighing in defeat. "But only for an hour, then I have to go study" I tell them. They cheer and we enjoyed lunch. Before going to class. This time I shared a class with Mike. It was a class on doors to the human world. If I want to be in the CDA, I have to know how doors to the human world work.

"Hey, sorry if I scared you earlier" Sulley says as he sits beside me.

"Surprised, not scared" I state as I got my text book  out.

"I forgot my book, can we share yours?" he asks.

"Fine, but you have to answer the questions on your own" I tell him.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" he asks.

"What's wrong with the one behind your ear?" I ask him.

"Oh right" he says grabbing it. I read the book. "So what's your major? Any hobbies? You single?" he asks.

"Sulley, we're suppose to be reading and working" I tell him growing annoyed. "So stop with the stupid questions and focus" I state.

"Come on, answer at least two of them" he begs.

"Fine, reading and not to you" I state. I hear some others snigger and roll my eyes. I focus on our work. I did my answers and covered them when I saw Sulley looking at them. "Answer them on your own remember" I remind him handing him the book. "Chapter 1, good luck and I expect that back tonight. Undamaged" I tell him. For homework only whose who hadn't completed the questions had to do them for homework.

I went back to my dorm after class. Dropped off my text books and got a change of clothes. Along with my toiletry bag. I had a shower and got changed. Before Claire and Brock dragged me to the party.

A/N

Picture above of classroom and picture on the external link of Randall.