Sulley Taking the Blame

Xylie's POV

The others and I decided to go back to get Sulley & Mike. When we saw them in the scare simulator. Mike discovered his settings were different from the others. "Did you do this?" Mike asks Sulley for a second time.

"I...yes, I did. But, you don't understand" Sulley tells him. So that's why Sulley was so sure Mike would win? He cheated?

"Why? Why did you do this?" Mike demands.

"You know, just in case" Sulley states.

"In case of what?" Mike asks. Sulley looks at him. "You don't think I'm scary" he states.

"Mike..." Sulley tries to explain

"You said you believed in me. But you're just like Hardscrabble! You're just like everyone else!" Mike shouts.

"Look. You'll get better and better" Sulley tells him.

"I'm as scary as you! I'm as scary as anyone!" Mike yells. No, he's not I think sadly as tears appear in my eyes.

"I just wanted to help" Sulley tells him.

"No. You just wanted to help yourself" Mike states.

"Well, what was I suppose to do? Let the whole team fail, because you don't have it?" Sulley asks him. Just the Mike notices all of us. He just walks off. I hand the trophy to Don. I run after Mike.

"Mike!" I shout.

"Did you know?" he demands turning to face me.

"That Sulley cheated for you? Of course not" I tell him "But he didn't do it to be mean" I state.

"You're on his side?" he demands.

"I'm on no one's side" I tell him.

"Do you think I'm scary?" he asks me.

"Mike, I believe in you" I state not looking him in the eye.

"Do you think I'm scary Xylie?" he demands.

"Please, don't ask me that" I tell him as tears silently fall. "I can't lie to you" I state.

"You don't think I'm scary" he says looking disheartened.

"Mike..." I try to say.

"No, just leave me alone!" he snaps. "I don't know how, but I will prove to you all that I am scary" he states and storms off. I watch him go.

"Xylie" Sulley says.

"Don't" I tell him. "Why?" I ask him.

"I just thought if he had a confidence boost, he'd become a scarer" he states.

"He'll never be a scarer Sulley, he's not scary. You and I both know it" I state. "I know you were trying to help. But you've just made things worse" I tell him. I notice he's holding the trophy. "We don't deserve that, ROR does" I state and he looks at it.

"Sullivan" Professor Knight calls as he runs over. "Nice work out there. I look forward to having you back in class" he states. Before leaving.

"Hey, there he is!" Chet shouts as ROR appears.

"Looks like I was wrong about you" Johnny states. He takes a ROR jacket from one of his team mates and hands it to Sulley. "You're one of us after all" he declares. Sulley looks at the trophy and jacket.

I notice the dean. So does Sulley. He pushes the jacket and trophy into Johnny's hands. Before rushing over to her. "Hey! Where are you going?" Johnny asks.

"Not your concern, keep the trophy. It belongs to your team" I tell him. And run after Sulley.

"You did what?" the dean demands.

"My team had nothing to do with it. It was all me. I cheated" Sully explains. I look at him surprised. That he is taking the blame. I guess he has matured.

"Sulley, what..." I try to say.

"It's ok Xylie" he assures me. Then looks up at the dean. "I accept full responsibility for cheating and will accept any punishment" he tells her.

"I expect you off campus by tomorrow" the dean tells him.

"Yes ma'am" he says nodding his head.

"You're a disgrace to this university" she tells him. "And your family name" she adds. Suddenly an alarm goes off. We see two guards running by. "What's going on?" she asks them.

"Someone broke into the door lab!" a guard shouts.

"What?!" she demands unfurling her wings and takes off.

"Who'd break into the door lab?" I ask Sulley. We look at each other and realize who. "Oh no" we say and run towards the door lab. We had to save Mike before he did something stupid. Like enter the human world to prove himself.