19

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Michael shook his head as he stared at me with a look of awe, "your dead boyfriend is actually alive and might have something to do with a police investigation."

"Yeah." I nodded, running my fingers through my hair absently.

"And despite seeing him lock lips with your best friend, he's actually telling you she's some sort of sketchy person?" Michael continued with a perplexed look on his face.

"That's right." I frowned.

"And that's what you missed on last nights episode of 'Atlantis's fucked up life'," Luke announced like those television recaps. I shot him a look and he smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, not funny."

"Slightly funny." I said drily. "Not the time though."

I had just spent the last twenty minutes explaining in detail the last few big events of my life to Michael. Luke had chimed in to help in places where I had forgotten something.

Surprisingly, Michael had remained rather calm. I suppose that had to do with the fact he knew Ashton was alive originally. He just didn't know why but either did I.

"This is all so confusing." He admitted before moving closer to me. I thought he was going to explain how things between us should cool off for a bit, but to my pleasant surprise he did the exact opposite. He grasped my wrist loosely and pulled me closer. "I want to be a part of your life, okay? So, let this be the last time you lie to me about what's going on."

"I'm really sorry." I frowned. "I just didn't want to drag you into this drama."

"I'm here for you." Michael smiled, leaning down and brushing his lips across my cheek. "And I'm going to continue being here for you, even with Ashton's new found alive status." His hands moved to hold the back of my neck as he nipped lightly at my earlobe, letting me know those words were for my ears only.

"Okay." I squeaked, feeling my cheeks heat up as he pulled away. He shot me a smug look and I just saw Luke rolling his eyes over in the corner.

"Let's go lovers. I don't want to be late for school." Luke drawled before punching Michael in the shoulder. "And what the fuck was that? What happened to Muke?"

"Dude! I'm sorry," I heard Michael whine as I walked out the front door. I rolled my eyes absently. Boys.

-x-

"Remember you only have to survive the next thirty-six hours of ignoring Sydney before Ashton tells you what happened." Luke said, squeezing my shoulder as we stepped into the courtyard of school.

"Or you could go and bitch slap her." Michael suggested with a small smirk. "I think either option would suffice."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to hurt her just because she kissed Ashton."

"Really? Because I wouldn't hesitate to bitch slap you if you kissed my man." Luke said in a sassy tone as he threw his arm over Michael.

"You guys should just get married already." I commented in an amused tone. I knew they were just trying to distract me with their awful "Muke" jokes.

"We already are." Michael replied without hesitation. "Next September."

"What? September?" Luke scrunched his nose up. "I said I wanted a Summer wedding."

"Hell no. I'm getting married in Spring." Michael gasped mockingly.

"Okay. It's official. I'm done with you." Luke removed his arm and just looked around the school. "Alright, I'm on the hunt for a single girl who's willing to marry in Summer."