Start and End.

Part 3, Chapter 1, Start and End.

"We need to have Aeslm taken down. He's becoming a threat to allies and us if we disagree with him," I said, looking at my laptop and talking to Keji.

She knew it was bad, but I could tell she didn't like the thought of murdering one of her own, who would?

But she knew it was needed, she had heard Aeslm give the command and watch as hundreds of people and ships were blown up. The only thing that was keeping me from entirely losing it all was the thought that Ruli was still out there and alive.

I hoped.

I knew that when she could she would contact me. So meanwhile I stayed busy, which was quite easy to do now.
But far less enjoyable.

The war I thought I would be fighting with the Geyr was going to some form of the plan. But the one I didn't plan for, the one with Aeslm was going to hell.

We had no plan and as it turned out Aeslm did.

He knew Keji and I wouldn't agree with his tactics. But he had hoped that the others in the Ten would. Which I guess was a curveball.

But not a large enough one to give us any upper hand.
But even if we had the upper hand we would be screwed. Aeslm was in this for control, and he had the means of doing so.

The ship was slow. Which was bad for the fact that I needed to know what was going on.
I had finally gotten off the Geyr mission, but I knew what that meant. I knew that meant that the people I spent a month getting to know and care for were dead already.

I tried to remain calm, but I cared far too much. So after a day on the ship trying to keep my mind off of thousands of topics I broke.

I let the sadness seep in, and after that, it was thoughts of her. Teddy.

Was she okay?
Well, I thought so. She had Keji to help plus she wasn't in much direct danger. At least not that I could think of, but all my thoughts were scrambled so I guess I couldn't think of much.

I hoped to be back soon, but that was just to leave again. Earth sounded nice, but with what happened on Desa I knew the war was in focus.

What would happen? I mean, would everything go alright? Hell, it had been a month, I wasn't even sure if it was I good idea to fight the Geyr anymore.

I knew they killed and we're terrible people, but could we win? Or would this just show others that the Gey would win and we shouldn't fight?

Either way, death would be caused, and so much already was. Maybe it wasn't worth it, but it had likely already happened, and if it hadn't yet then it would soon.
Teddy would be in danger because of me. That was something I still couldn't reconcile.

That I put her in some danger. In harm.

If something happened it was my fault. That was something I knew. But I couldn't stand it, and that terrified me.

Because she mattered to me, and that was far more terrifying than the war I would be facing.
That we all would be facing. It wasn't just countries or a planet any longer.

It was galactic it was broad and large scale. With that, we could end hell and remake it all into heaven, and with that thinking, Teddy would laugh.

This was all a game, but one that would make or break it all. It would break me.

The war had raged for a week now. Ruli was in command with Faes, both had made it a point to go against Aeslm. But neither could directly fight him. It hit far too close to home.