A Trip to Hell.

Part 2, Chapter 9, A Trip to Hell.

It wasn't all bad. The ships were nice, thankfully. Because to spend time building and planning out something just for it to be garbage was always difficult.

Thankfully that wasn't the current concern. What I had to focus on now was what would happen when I got to New York.

I had no clue, which made it harder. How are you supposed to prepare for something when you don't know what to expect.

But I knew one thing, they wanted what knowledge I held. And I would tell them sure.

But everything is for a price. The only way that they were going to get everything they needed would be to work with me.

I knew they wouldn't like it, but to do the best things possible sometimes it was good to be uncomfortable.

Plus, change was bound to be made, and considering what was happening now it sounded just about right.
We landed on a runway, the same as those for planes.

And to be fair it was a plane of the sorts. The model was the closest we had to a plane. We didn't have many models, but the ones we did we made for intergalactic travel and fast reproduction.

I got out after fumbling a little too much. I saw some of the workers on the tarmac looking between the ship and me.

I guess it wasn't an everyday thing. Shocker.

I put my feet down on the concrete and tar surface, looking around as a man runs up to me.
"Hello, are you Ms. Darren?" I heard him say.
"Yes, and you are?" I asked the mystery man.
"Hi, I'm Richard Cleeves, I'll handle your plane and I'll also be bringing you to the Security Council," Cleeves said gesturing to a far-off building.

"Okay, what do we need to do," I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder and preparing to move once more.

"Well, we need to get back on the ship and drive it. If possible," he said, eyeing the ship and realizing it wasn't what he thought it was.

Whatever he thought it was that is.

"It can, it's similar to a fighter jet. But fewer weapons, thicker walls, and a different power source. At least I think it's a different power source," I said, realizing last minute I still have no clue what powers army aircraft.

"You built it?" he asked, walking towards the ship farther. Touching his hand on the hull.

"Designed and built," I said proudly.

"Maybe we misjudged you," I heard Cleeves say under his breath.

Oh, they misjudged me greatly, but that was something that would come back on them. Not me.

At least not that I could tell. Then again, a lot of my insane ideas had a backlash. One I didn't see.

"I have a feeling you did," I said, he turned to me. A smirk on his face and he chuckled slightly under his breath.

"Let's get going," he said, looking at the ship again. He was likely trying to figure out a way to get up.

I pushed him lightly out of the way and got in with ease. Though I will say I did have to practice.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise and followed suit in getting up.
He almost seemed to try and get in front and push me back, but then came to his senses and got back.

"Where are we going guide guy," I said, looking back at him. He smirked again.

I swear if this idiot had an idea I was going to punch him in the face.
Not only because I had a girlfriend. But because I wanted to.

He leaned over and whispered where to go in my ear. And now he would get another punch. Or maybe a kick in the nuts. I wasn't sure yet.

Then again, I didn't want to be sure, having this be premeditated would be assault, and of a possible government officer. Yippee.

I got out again after parking, this time was far easier.

But watching Cleeves struggle was hilarious.

He walked me to the building, which was now thankfully closer. He then decided to be an actual creep, by putting his hand on my lower back.

I quickly moved my duffle bag which was on my shoulder and moved his hand.

This is why I don't travel into the wild. This is why we stay in the middle of the woods.

Because men are gross and people are stupid.

"Here ya go little lady," he said, smiling and showing me to a hotel.

Oh by the end of this trip someone was winding up dead.

And I was going to be damned sure it wasn't me.

I told him bye, and thanked the lord that he left. I walked in and went to the front desk.

Thankful that they seemed to have a room for me.
I hoped in that area it stayed the same. But at the same time, I wasn't opposed to having it all be reversed.

Except for her. Ruli was the reason I couldn't back out of this.
And now I couldn't leave because as Keji put it before I left, I had become a necessity.

A stupid thing people needed. Or at least what this project needed.
And maybe that was a good thing, a lot of people wouldn't have been the best for the job.

But it all felt like some massive coincidence. Or maybe it was fate.

We won't know, and I didn't see it important that we did.

We had a job to do, and I found it important that I did it right. At least as good as I could do it.

I sat down on the small bed and placed my stuff on the floor. I looked out the window looking over the amount of dull grey and beige buildings.

And if there was one thing I had to make sure of, it was to tell myself in that moment that this wouldn't be my life.

I would be in the woods or the field somewhere.
Not in the grey buildings locked in with the stupid politics.

This was going to be a struggle in some way.
Because whatever this war was going to be, it was going to be hellish.

And this was my first trip into the inferno.

I stood up looking at the buildings once more. I was going to be in one of those tomorrow asking for resources and to be a leader for the movement.

And if not then I didn't know what would happen. Could they arrest you for withholding information? It was probable. But I wasn't about to stop and research it.

The research would cause hesitation right now, and I was going to do this.

If I couldn't move heaven I would raise hell.