Flights and Heights.

Part 1:Chapter 10: Flights and Heights.

It had been a couple of hours, and now everyone was awake and ready to leave.

I wasn't, then again, I don't think I'd ever be ready to leave her. But we both knew what we had to do, now we just needed to do it. We had boarded a bit ago, and Wix was working inside the ship for takeoff as Teddy was working outside.

Teddy had found a clearing that we could take off from, it wasn't the best, but Wix and Teddy working together meant a lot of good math and science went into this. So failure wasn't considered even.

It could've been hope, or pure stupidity, we had no clue.

But I had faith in Teddy, and that was all I knew. And before long, we were off.

With mechanical things, I understood so little about and fuel that Teddy made that would work in the tank and confuse the shit out of the Gey, well we were doing good.

The flight went as planned, and another week was spent wasted in the vacuum chamber of space.
As imagined a lot of my time was spent in space.
But I still didn't dare open the package, I knew the Gey trusted little. And I was going to make sure that before I opened it in my room that there was nothing.

But with all the technological advancements of the Gey, well it would have to be a thorough pat-down to make sure there was nothing.
After all, there are corners and crevasses.

But I had time, time to pat down my room, and time to spend in space.
I just hoped that after killing the Geyr rule and doing all that I needed to Teddy would be there for me to go back to.

I hoped. As I always did.

But I would soon not have to hope. Because after the week spent in darkness, we were in the light of the Arin.
And we had docked.
"You made it early," one of the many docking report fellows commented.

As much as I hated the Gey and other insufferable ways, the planet felt home-like.
And I hated it.
Earth had begun to feel like home after I learned more of Teddy, but I had grown up and learned on Geyr.

And after many questions from The Fynh, we were able to return to our rooms.

The Fynh worked as a questioner. And every other member of the Ten thought him stupid and meaningless.
I knew better

I knew that he was one of the most dangerous leaders on Geyr.
Because even though it was thought that the Fynh kept no secrets from the rulers, it was obvious that he did.

And with that, he likely knew all that the powerful Gey wanted hidden. And he had people who would give him more information like that.

I searched my room for hours. Scouring every corner through fear soon came, paranoia.
But after an extensive search that turned up nothing I could only sigh.
After all, it was fair to say that I had nothing to hide.

But moments later I would.

Because I remembered the small bag Teddy gave me.
I pulled the strings and made the knot closing the bag release.

Inside was a small metal box with a seam in it.
And when fiddled with I found a seamless button on the back, showing the original thing to be a decoy.
Of course.

It opened to reveal a note.

I thought it would work, I'm not sure but hope is enough. It is fashioned after the communicator on the ship that I worked on. With that, I believe we can have some communication.
-T

All I could do was smile. She figured it out. Of course, she did.

I figured out how to work the machine fairly quickly. And I decided that I needed to send her some form of a message to tell her I got it and it was going good for now.

So I found the speaker and I recorded what I thought was right.

You continue to surprise me, and I don't know how to feel. But thank you. It's been going well, but I have to say that the questioner was, concerned, about Earth. I have a feeling something is coming that way. Do what you can.

As I said it I knew she would understand but I hated it.
I hated that I dragged her into this. But if I have done that she needs a warning and help...

I continued going through the small things given to me. She gave me a copy of the photo I took of her.
All I could see was her. Her beauty, her small smile that tugged at the corners of her lips.
Just her.

I knew that whatever happened at the end of this I need to go back to her. T go back to Earth, whatever that meant for me.
But I couldn't bear to think about Earth without her on it.

And so I did what I thought I'd never do.

I went to the locked draw I kept. And I opened it.
Finding the small device that would communicate any thought of one of the Firos to another.

It had to be done.
I had to reach out to one of them, but who was the question. Immediate my mind crossed off most, leaving Keji and Qudi.

I knew Qudi had a mission that they wouldn't give up. And Keji would help me no matter what.
Because while most of us wanted revenge, she wanted change. And she especially didn't want another planet falling to Fitor's fate.

And when that planet had a population of Earth, well she would help me keep Teddy safe. And hopefully, they could guide each other on how to rally people together in case of Gey danger.

So I did it.

Keji, help is going to be needed on a planet. I know someone there and I'll give you the coordinates if you think it'll help. But the Fynh was concerned about Earth. And I have a feeling concern will turn into killing and war very fast.

That was all I could think of. There wasn't a word limit. But I didn't want to say more than I had to. For Teddy's sake and the planets.

Plus I had a feeling that whatever I thought, may not be all that correct.

The Gey are sly and slick. But to think they will stop at killing is a lie to me.

They have and will commit crimes unthought of.
And I believe that they think that with any amount of violence or harm anything is possible.

And they aren't wrong. But just cause you're right doesn't mean you must act.