Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Steamy Seduction

A Steamy Seduction

Lori stepped into the shower, the sight of the night sky among the glow of the tiles raising goosebumps on her arms. It was even more breathtaking than she’d imagined. She'd grabbed one of the lanterns but now realized it was unnecessary, the bathroom had plenty of light filtering in through the skylight. Leaving the lantern just outside the door on one of the side tables in Eric’s bedroom, she made her way back inside the shower room.

Feeling a nervous excitement settle low in her belly, Lori walked to the shower knobs and turned one to the right. Nothing happened. She turned it in the opposite direction. Instantly half of the wolves heads hissed as a fine spray streamed out of their open mouths. She stuck her hand into the mist testing the feel of it.

The water was perfect.

Lori was hesitant to turn the other knob but decided to see what it did. When she turned it the right way, the remaining shower heads started up.

The knobs weren’t temperature controls like what she had in her own bathroom, they controlled how many heads were activated within the shower room. Deciding to indulge this first time, she left all the sprays on as she squirmed out of her gown. She walked back to the door and tossed her dress outside so it wouldn’t get wet and shut the door, trapping in all the steam.

Lori crossed the floor and stood in the center of the spray, feeling the water hit every inch of her body as the steam rose all around her. She looked up, the stars in the sky the only witness to her pleasure. It seemed fitting.

Sighing, she took the pins out of her hair, letting her dark waves cascade down her back. She walked up to the wall of wolf heads where she’d noticed several spaces embedded within the tiles, most filled with different sized bars. She placed her hair pins in one empty space and recognized the same soap from her bathroom right beside it. Lori grabbed the barsoap and walked back towards the center of the mist. She methodically soaped up her arms, running her hands up across her shoulder and over one side of her neck, repeating the process on the other side.

Lori ran the bar across each breast, down her stomach and across the side of her torso. She was just about to bend over and start on her legs when she felt two strong hands grab her by the waist and pull her back into a hard, naked body she’d recognize anywhere.

She leaned back into Eric, his breath coming hard and fast in her right ear.

“You sound like you’ve been running a marathon,” she teased.

“You have no idea how fast a man can run when he senses his wife take off her clothing,” he groaned. Rubbing her soapy, slick body against him, the feel of it sending chills down his spine.

Lori laughed as she imagined the fierce immortal king running up the stairs, knocking into innocent bystanders as he made for his chambers like a bat out of hell.

“Aye, ‘twas much like it, ‘cept with more casualties along the way,” Eric whispered, kissing her neck before turning her around so she was facing him. He looked into her eyes, his fully dark with his desire. “I have imagined us in this room many a time, lass.”

"I’ve only been here five days.”

“Aye, five days of the same fantasy. ‘tis enough to torture a man to death.”

“Oh yeah? How about an immortal?” she asked her voice no more than a breathless whisper.

"Aye, him too," he agreed.