7| Bitter lemon

The week goes down fast bringing another audition. The MC walked up the stage. A brunette in a black dress with a crystal design.

"Good evening everyone, and welcome to CMC. Today we're going to choose five finalists, that will compete in the next audition. That means five people will be eliminated today from the show, who could that be, watch and see?" She says.

The crowd begins clapping and cheering at the announcement. After a few seconds, the MC speaks again. "We have Ten people left, each will be performing tonight. First, we have Max and Jack they'll be singing and performing a dance." The MC walks down to her seat behind the curtain and pulls it back revealing two boys who look very much similar but are not brothers.

One is dark-haired, while the other has light hair and blue eyes. They both wear uniforms and are wearing headphones over their ears.

"Okay, this should be fun," I say and turn to Grace. She nods with a smile.

"Tessa, Luke Alan just walked in, he looks anxious." She whispers.

Luke is wearing a black hoodie with his name tag on it and sweatpants. He took a seat a little far from us. After Max and Jack's performance, the MC began calling out names until I was called.

I walked up the stage and the whole crowd stood to attention looking at me. It feels nice being on the stage and seeing all of those people watching me sing. I take my place and the MC walks back up.

"I must say this, honey. You sing so well," The MC says as she looked at her clipboard.

"So how old do you think she is?" I hear someone whispers behind me. It was Jack, he was leaning against the door of the stage.

"I dunno man." Max reply.
I walk up and put my hands on my hips, ready to sing.

"Okay, Tessa Wayne will be singing ‘Wish on a Star,’ Tessa, go ahead." She says handing me a microphone.

I stood there preparing to start singing. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, and start to sing. I fumbled with my hands nervously. The instrumentalist started playing and after a few lines, my voice filled the room.

'You know your life, will never really be right
There's always gonna be that missing piece
And you'll someday find it...
So I'm going to make a wish...A wish, on a star...
A wish on a star. I wish on a star.
I wish on a star, that everything that's meant to be, will be.
And all I need is you, standing right here with meeeeeeee. A wish on the star. I wish on a star. I hope I've done something right,
Hope that nothing bad happens...
'Cause if you love me
Then stay close
Stay closer than you ever could be
Stay closer than you could ever imagine.
Stay close. Stay close. Stay close.
Stay closer than you ever could be.
Stay close. Stay closer than you ever could be.
I wished on a star that everything that's meant to be, will be.

As I finish singing, the crowd was silent. No one said anything but they were looking at me. Like they've been hypnotized Then I heard someone scream, "It's you!" And a cheer erupted around me.

Everyone applauds as I finished my song. I walk off stage feeling a bit awkward, but I had a lot of support from my friends, plus I wasn't expecting everyone to stand up for me, but I'm glad they did.

"You're truly a star, Tessa. Thanks for that wonderful performance, you touched my heart and I'll always stay close," The MC says.

Right at the door, I saw Aunt Isabel with two ladies and a man. They were clapping and chanting my name.

I took my seat next to Grace. That was incredible Tessa! You have such an amazing voice, no wonder you were chosen to join CMC!" Grace gushes.

"Thanks, I didn't expect this to happen at all, but I guess I get what you mean," I reply smiling.