4| Watermelon

I settled into the room and unpacked my things. The room wasn't big and comfortable like Luke Alan's room. There was a retro sixties-style throw pillow on top of a big bed with a flower design bedsheet, a giant shoe rack by the left, and a huge wardrobe by the right. The room was cooler and smells good too.

"Isn't it great, this room is so beautiful." Grace raises her arms toward the wardrobe and starts to unpack her things. Her dress was red, matching her hair.

"Yeah, it's cozy," I agreed as I put away my clothes in the closet. I decided not to bring any personal stuff because there would be plenty of time for that later. It'll take at least three weeks until Christmas.

"You should decorate this room," she says pointing towards the floor-length mirror which had been polished until it shined like gold and she could barely see her reflection through it.

"No way. this isn't what I expected," I say with the thought of Luke Alan's room.

Grace laughed and shook her head. "It isn't, but it's comfy. I love it anyway."

I smiled as I brought out some of my clothes and arranged them in the closet.

"What's this?" Grace asks, pulling a box out from under the bed. It was dark blue and seemed pretty heavy.

"What's what?" I question.

She placed it on the bed. "This." She pointed at the cover.

"Stars."

"Uhh..." I looked back at Grace. She raised an eyebrow and gave me a smirk.

I grabbed the cover of the box and read what was written on it. "This isn't what you think it is."

"And what am I supposed to think it is?" Grace exclaim.

"I think this is for the last set, who stayed in this room. what's inside? I ask, walking closer to her.

Grace took the book and opened it. It was empty except for one line on the front page, with black ink was written:
What's your biggest desire

She rummage through the box and brought out another book, she looked in my direction and flip open a page.

"Oh wow," she says, reading from the book. "This book is filled with songs written by someone named Chris Hemsworth."

"Really?" I ask. "That means this room was owned by a guy before." I looked at Grace and she shrugged, I picked up the book and read the title:
"What's your greatest wish."

"The guy must've been a weirdo," I say looking at Grace.

"That's a sure thing," she replies. "There's more in here than just song lyrics." She continues to look at the book.

"What are they about?" I ask.

"Mostly poems, stories, and some other stuff," she answered. "Do you want to read them?"

"No, I'm hungry let's look for something to eat, and then we can rehearse for tomorrow's first audition," I say and close the door of the wardrobe.

She sigh, put the books back into the box, and put them back where she saw them. We walked out of the room and into the elevator which took us to the first floor, I took a brave step toward the receptionist and asked her about how the meal will be served.

She smiled and gave me a small booklet. "Everything you need to know about how the food is being served, time, and location is there."

"Thanks." I opened the booklet which stated the location of a dining hall. Still confused, I turn towards the receptionist. "Can you show us the dining hall?"