2| Milkshake

The cab stopped in front of a huge building which looks as old and elegant as it did in the brochure and online.

The skyscraper was tall, displaying beauty of modern era. With marble, steel, and stretching windows of gleaming glass. It reaches for the endless, cloudless sky. Of all the surrounding building of the city, it beauty surpasses the architectural feats of sleek profiles with clean lines.

At the top in gold letters were written. “Christmas music concert theater.”

“This place looks like it's ready for a big Christmas party.” A girl passing by says to another girl. “It must be nice to stay here.”

“CMC, is known for its elegant beauty for years. I dreamt of this place when I was a little, I pray they host parties here too.” reply another girl from behind.

“It's not the kind of place you'd think about as a place for parties.” I added and walked passed them.

The huge glass door slid open as I walked in with my luggage, the hall was filled with ostentatiously dressed participants, I was the odd one there because I was in simple clothes, nothing special just casual wear.

A tall good looking man stood in front of everyone, he was bald and was wearing a brown suit and a well polished shoe. With a white paper on his right hand, he began to read and was smiling cheerfully.

“Welcome everyone to this year Christmas music concert, I'm so happy to see you all here. I hope to hear your lovely voices, I'm Jan Dan, you can call me papa Jan. I'm your number one judge and I'll will be the judge for the final audition. I want you all to be at your very best, once again welcome to CMC.”

He rounds up his speech and soon after, there was an applause. He exchanged handshakes with a few people at the front row when he was done, he went away with two bodyguards following behind.

The remaining participants were busy discussing how much they admire the building, some were taking pictures, a few others were eager to know where their bedrooms were located.

I am rooted to the spot, admiring the spotless marble tiles beneath me. There was a huge chandelier hanging above me, the chilly temperature in the hall was enough to make me faint, as I whirled around to check for the source of the cold. I bumped into someone.

My luggage slipped from my hand and landed on his foot, a white and black sneakers that look almost rare to me or maybe because I haven't seen such design before. I heard him growl in anger.

"I'm so sorry," I say, grabbing my luggage from his foot, without looking to find out who it was.

"Who in the world behaves this way," a familiar voice says.

It took me a moment to realize I'd heard that voice before. I stood up and make eye contact with him, only to get caught up in a whirlpool of brown eyes.

It was him the guy everyone is talking about, the guy my mum wants me to follow his footsteps, he is more handsome in person than he is on brochures, online and TV, I can't believe I said that.

Clad in a black striped button-down shirt and blue jeans, his hair perfectly in place. I couldn't believe my eyes, I'm sure if I was Lori I would've scream and hug him by now but I'm not a fan of him anyway.

"Luke Alan... Is it really you," my voice came out as more of a squeal than I intended.

He strangely looked at me, I could sense anger from the way he looked at me. I knew I almost injured him, my heavy luggage fell on his foot it must be really painful. Before I could say another word to him a group of girls gathered around him, asking him some questions, taking pictures, probably rubbing themselves on him like flies.

"Excuse me?"

I snapped back to reality by a voice coming from a receptionist with stunning looks, she stares at me her light blue eyes inspecting me from head to toe, and then at my participant identity card which I remember wearing before I left home.

"Hello, Tessa Wayne." She dubbes once more raising an arched eyebrow at me and I walked closer to her.

"Please I need to know the number to my room?" I ask calmly.

"Okay, take this." She gave me keys with a name tag, which I didn't bother to look at. It was certain for a prestigious place like this they must've had everything planned out already.

"Take the elevator to the second floor, it's the first room by your right, don't forget to switch the tag on your door to occupied." She smiles with a quick look. I wonder why she was staring at me in that manner, I wanted to ask her but instead I ignored her intense stare and walk as fast as I can to the elevator.

As the receptionist told me, I got to the first room on the second floor. I opened the door gently and walked into the room. I couldn't believe my eyes first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. There was a crystal chandelier hanging above me glimmering with lights, the walls were covered by designer wallpaper.

I close my mouth with both of my hands as my jaw drop to prevent the cold in the room from entering my mouth. I dropped my luggage on the bed, which had a white sheet neatly spread on it.

I rubbed my hand on the bed it was soft and comfortable more than my bed at home. I jumped on the bed with face first into the pillows, there was a white teddy bear in both side of the bed, I grabbed the teddy and hug it tightly like a little kid.

Feeling exhausted and bored I wonder if I could ever get a roommate, I looked at the room in consideration. I don't think I want to share such a sophisticated bedroom with anyone except Lori, I wish she was here.

I sigh and stood up from the bed, and made my way to the bathroom. I need to have a quick shower before I start rehearsing my songs for the audition.

Everything seem to be in place, this is so cool, big and comfortable. I took off my clothes and sat inside the bathtub. I turn on the water added soap, for some awesome moment I just sat there enjoying the warm water. I slept off.

        ¶Thanks for reading¶

  Please vote • comment • share