2

James

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter was sitting in the Gryffindor common room. They were doing their homework, something that everyone except Remus hated.

'I don't need homework,' James complained as he was looking through the pages in A guide to advanced transfiguration. 'I know all of this anyway.' That wasn't completely true, but he still didn't think that it was very necessary. He thought that he could learn about it in lesson instead, though Remus didn't seem to agree.

'Well, everyone doesn't know it and if you want good grades I recommend you to do your homework,' Remus said and gave James an annoyed look.

'Maybe I'll get good grades anyway,' James argued. 'Maybe I'm so awesome at everything I do that I'll never need to study one single- Sirius! Talking about being awesome at everything! I'm quite awesome when it comes to Quidditch so that's probably why I'm captain...'

'Enough with the bragging!' Sirius groaned. 'Get to the point.'

'Ok, our... or my team actually, needs a beater and a keeper. So, I thought that maybe the tryouts can be on Saturday. Does that work for you? Oh, and you can feel safe, I wouldn't change you for anything... except for another me... that would be so awesome!'

'Oh shut up,' Sirius muttered and looked away from his best friend though with a smile on his face. 'Hey! I know! Moony should try out for the team!'

'No no! No way!' Remus said quickly and looked up from his parchment. 'I'm afraid of heights and last time I flew on a broom was in first year when everyone had to. I will NEVER try out for the Gryffindor team!'

'Ok ok! We won't make you,' James said calming. 'But Peter! You'd be an awesome kee-'

'I don't think so James,' Peter interrupted. 'What if... what if I fall of my broom! Or if I make someone else fall of their broom!'

James sighed and put his chin in his hands. He really wanted to have a good team and he knew that Peter and Remus probably would be the last persons he'd pick, but he had also known that they would never want to be picked. 'I just hope there's not only second years who show up.'

Sirius grinned. 'Yeah, it would be a true dream team if it only contained second years,' he said sarcastically. There were often quite lots of second year students who wanted to try out, though most of them were really bad. 'Nah, I hope for fifth years, they are pretty good and they don't graduate next year so the next captain won't have to find new persons to all the positions. Hey! What would happen if there was a team with one student from second year and the rest from seventh year, and those from seventh year quitted, would the second year students be captain then?'

'Technically,' Remus said and looked up from his parchment. 'The second year student would be a third year student when he or she became captain.'

'Yeah but still quite cool,' Sirius said. He continued talking about how cool it would be with a third year captain, even though no one was really listening any longer. James was looking towards a gang of girls. Evans' gang.

If she would come to the try outs he would say yes to her directly, no matter how bad she played, though he knew that she wouldn't come. She had made it quite clear that she didn't like Quidditch.

He smiled and rose from the couch. 'Where are you going,' Remus asked but then he saw. 'James don't. She'll just get mad.'

'Oh shut up Moony, this time I know what I'm doing.' He walked across the room and stopped just in front if Lily.

She looked up at him with an expression that clearly showed that she didn't want him there. 'What Potter?' she asked and sighed.

'Yeah, what Potter, we'd rather be alone,' one of Lily's friends said and looked angrily at him, maybe even more angrily than Lily used to.