15

Ok, so this chapter's really short but, yeah.

Lily

Lily took a deep breath. She was standing outside the girls' dormitory. Her heart was beating quickly and even if she wanted to talk to Mary, she really wished that her friend would be sleeping so that she could do it later instead.

She opened the door and she was prepared on seeing her friends sleeping she was wrong. At least a little bit wrong. Mary sat in her bed, staring out through the window.

'Mary?' Lily asked confused, forgetting all her anger at once. This was only confusing, because Mary was never sad, and at this very moment, sad was the only thing Mary looked. 'Mary, how are you?'

Mary turned around slowly. Her eyes were red as though she had been crying and her hair was messy. 'Hi Lily,' she mumbled. Though even if she said it very quietly Lily could hear that Mary's voice was trembling, that Mary was close to tears.

'What's wrong?' Lily asked, though she already knew.

'I'm sorry Lily,' Mary whispered, tears now falling down her cheeks. 'I've been so mean. I was just so jealous and I did what I did because I wanted you to get jealous... I guess. It was so stupid. Can you forgive me?'

Lily didn't answer. The anger was starting to come back again and she felt a strong urge to simply say "no", but if corse she didn't. 'What made you change your mind?' she asked instead.

'Well,' Mary said. She didn't look strait at Lily. 'When James ran after you, of course I got really sad, but it also made me understand that, well, you two are better for each other than he and I'll ever be. You are meant to be together, Lily. I know I acted like a real idiot.'

'I'm glad you do,' Lily said shortly and sat down on her bed. 'Because you really did. You don't even know how sad I felt those days, those weeks.'

'I'm sorry Lily.'

'You should be.'

'Can you forgive me?'

Lily didn't answer.

'Please!'

Lily still didn't answer.

'I regret everything I did! Please, please, forgive me!'

Lily smiled weakly. 'How could I not forgive you Mary,' she then mumbled. 'We've been through so much together, I wouldn't be able not to forgive you. At least not if you do the McGonagall imitation.'

At that point the girls started to laugh, and it felt as though they had never been enemies. It was hard to believe that something that had once been such a war, a silent war, could disappear on a few minutes and feel as though it had only been a long, unpleasant nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said, really short, but I really wanted Mary and Lily to become friends again so... yeah:)