9

Lily

It was three days after everyone had got to know about the ball and it was basically the only thing people talked about. Lily really wanted that someone (*cough cough* James) would ask her to go with him, but at the same time she really didn't want him to ask her. Though why would he anyway? He had made it quite clear that he didn't like her.

At the moment Lily was walking around the corridors on the first floor together with Ashley Stanton. They were telling students who felt like going out to stay inside because of the cold wether. (prefect/ head girl duty) It was indeed cold outside, very cold, and a thick lager of snow already lay on the ground.

Lily and Ashley had been talking a lot lately. Ashley seemed to understand, just as Remus had done before, but he didn't understand a thing any longer. Ashley had said that Remus was only mad because James was mad. The bond between the four boys was very strong, and if James got mad at Lily, everyone would. This hadn't really made Lily any happier, though she did find it slightly easier when she understood.

But now they didn't talk about that anymore. The ball was the biggest subject.

'So, d'you think that Black'll ask you to go with him?' Lily asked as the were walking along the corridor which was empty at the moment.

'I hope so,' Ashley said and shrugged. 'But I don't even know if he likes me like a girlfriend or just as a friend.'

'Of course he want you to be his girlfriend. He's just too chicken to tell you. If you asked him he would say yes within a second!' Lily said and smiled. 'You're the cinnamon on his butter beer, Ashley.'

'Oh shut it,' Ashley said, but Lily could see that a little blush had appeared on her friend's face. 'Are you and James talking again by the way?'

Lily stopped smiling. They had not talked. To be honest he hadn't even looked at her. 'No,' she said shortly and looked away. She didn't want to talk about it, but at the same time she knew that Ashley would talk about it, no matter what Lily said.

'Are you friend with your room mates yet then?'

'I don't know,' Lily muttered. 'Can't we talk about something else?'

But Ashley ignored her. 'You do know that Mary MacDonald likes James, like, really much?'

Lily smiled weakly. 'Mary hates James,' she said. 'She hates him more than anything else. I think that you've got everything kind of wrong.'

'She loves him!'

'No she doesn't! She's in love with that Tony guy in Ravenclaw.'

'No she's not. They were only together for two weeks. She's actually in love with James!'

'Then how come she's always telling me how much he hate him?' Lily sighed. She was starting to get rather annoyed. She was sure that Mary wasn't in love with James.

'I don't know, maybe to cover up that she really likes him,' Ashley said and shrugged. 'Anyways, they're going to the ball together.'

Lily stared at her friend. She completely sure that she hadn't heard right. Mary MacDonald would never go to a ball, no matter which ball it was, with James stupid Potter. 'She's what?' she therefor blurted out.

'She's going to the ball with James,' Ashley repeated.

'She's going to the ball with James? No?'

'Yes, she is going to the ball with James.'

'She is going to the ball with James?'

'She's going to the ball with James.'

'You're completely sure that she's going to th-'

'If you say that one more time I'm afraid I'll do something horrible, and yes. I'm as sure as I can be.'

'So she's going to-'

'Shut up!'

Lily nodded slowly. Inside of her it felt as though a big angry monster had been taken back to life. It was roaring and ripping things and Lily just wanted to be alone, but instead she pressed a faked smile on her face. 'How good for them,' she said as happily as she could, though Ashley saw right through it.

'Lily, you can't blame him you know. You've made him really confused and mad and I think that you have to blame yourself.'

'I'm not blaming him. What in the world makes you think that?' Lily asked and smiled again. She wanted to punch James in the face. He had ruined everything. 'I wasn't planning on going anyway.'

'Ok,' Ashley said. Lily noticed the concern in her friend's voice. 'So... what are you doing in the holiday?'

'Oh I'm staying here,' Lily answered. 'I have lots of studying to do if I don't want to fail on my N.E.W.T.S. Frank Longbottom who graduated last year told me that it was horrible, so I want to be prepared you know.'

'Yeah... do you think that we should go and eat dinner now?'

'Definitely.'

~~~~~~~~

Ok, so I'm sorry this was short and everything but at least it's a chapter:)

Please review and everything like that!!!!!!:)