5

I'm sorry for having a lot of Lily chapters in a row!

Lily

It was late and Lily sat on her bed with a book in her knee. Mary hadn't talked to her since their argument and nor had the other girls. Lily just wanted someone to talk to about everything, but it didn't seem like Mary would do that.

'Mary look,' Lily said and put down the book. It had only been a few hours but she still couldn't stand being enemy with her best friend. 'I'm really sorry for what I said. You're the nicest person I know, I can't stand you being angry at me. Please forgive me!'

Mary looked up. She looked sad, but not as sad as Lily felt. 'I'm sorry too Lily. I overreacted. But you have to admit that it was pretty stupid of you to sit with Potter and his friends.'

Lily did not think that it had been stupid at all, and even if she hated it when Mary was angry, she didn't want her to talk about James and his friends in that way. 'Not that stupid,' she said. 'I have something I've got to tell you guys.'

'What!' Alice asked curiously and jumped of her bed to rush over to Lily's. 'Tell us Lils!'

Lily smiled and she told them about what had happened after the three broomstick. 'I... I think I like him,' she finally said with a big smile on her face. No one said a word until Mary spoke.

'You've got to be kidding me Lily!' she said angrily. 'What is it with you?! I mean, I always thought you were different, that you weren't like all the other girls, but obviously I was wrong. I would never believe that you would fall in love with someone just because of his appearance!'

Lily looked in chock at her friend. How could Mary say that? How could she believe that about Lily. 'It's not because if his appearance! He's changed! He's nice and caring and- and-'

'Oh shut up! You know, I used to like you Lily!' Mary yelled. 'But now I'm not so sure anymore! Not now when you fall in love with stupid boys who'll only use you! He's bad for you Lily!'

'How can you even say that!' Lily yelled with tears in her eyes. How could she ever have thought that Mary and the others would understand. 'I can't believe that I EVER liked you!!!'

Then she looked strait in to Mary's gray eyes, that was filled with anger before she rushed out. What she didn't know was that it wasn't anger that filled Mary's eyes. It was jealousy.

She was walked down the spiral staircase that lead to the girls dormitory and stopped in the middle if the empty common room. She wanted to speak to someone who she knew would listen, someone who would understand her, someone who had been so nice to her earlier that very same day. Though did she really have the guts to go to him?

Lily walked over to the couch near the fireplace and sat down in it. She absolutely didn't want to go back to her dormitory because then she would have to face Mary again. But on the other hand she didn't really want to sleep in the couch. She looked at her clock. It was half past eleven. Maybe the marauders were asleep. Then she would be able to go in there, wake James up and tell him that she needed to talk, he would understand. Or would he really?

Maybe he wouldn't understand at all, maybe he would just think that she was a stupid weirdo who wanted to talk about that kind of things with him. But still, it seemed as though he had understood earlier that day.

Without really thinking she rose from the couch and as though in a dream she walked up the spiral staircase and stopped outside the door to the seventh year boys' dorm. She knocked.

Lily could hear people whispering on the other side of the door so obviously they weren't sleeping. Crap.

The door opened a little and Peter's head stuck out. He saw Lily and then closed the door quickly with a little squeak. 'It's the head girl!' Lily heard him say terrified. 'She's here to tell us that we're not allowed to play-'