Date

A/N- Can I just thank yall for 2.4K reads? I know I'm not the best writer, but holy shit! Thank yall so much.
— Task: Count how many times I say 'door' in this damn chapter.
👁👄👁

School let out and Paul immediately took Lizzy out to his truck. "Where are we going?" She asked for the billionth time. "Out." He responded simply as the old truck roared to life. He wouldn't admit it, but he was nervous.
She gave him her best puppy dog eyes and he was barely able to resist before she sighed and crossed her arms with a pout.

"Don't pout, Sunshine. You'll find out where we're going soon." He backed out of the parking spot and drove out to the main road, making a right turn.

Lizzy reached her hand over and turned up the song on the radio, humming along as the rain lightly pounded on the roof.
It wasn't long before they pulled into a gravel parking lot, where the flashing 'OPEN' sign reflected in the puddles. It was a family owned diner between Forks and La Push, that's been around for 55 years. Paul parked the truck and hopped out.

Lizzy went to open her door when Paul stopped her. "Open that door, and pay the consequences." He pointed his finger at her. She laughed and held her hands up in false surrender as he slammed his door and made his way around the truck, to her side.

The door opened with a groan of the hinges. Lizzy stepped out, narrowly missing a puddle. "Thanks" she said, closing the door.
They entered the diner, the bell above the door greeting them with a ding. The inside had that 50's diner aesthetic, which reminded Lizzy of those old movies she used to watch with Sarah. According to Billy, it hadn't changed a bit since it opened.

They went and sat down at a booth by the window and began looking at the menus that a passing waitress placed down for them.
A brunette woman that seemed to be around Lizzy's aunts age (about 38)— came up to the table with a pen and note pad in hand.

"What can I get you kids to drink?" She asked, looking between the two teenagers. "Uh, Lemonade please." Lizzy responded with a small smile. "A Cherry Coke." The woman wrote down their drink orders. "I'll be right back."

A couple minutes passed before the woman came back with their drinks, setting them down in front of the teens.
They ordered their food and kept a nice conversation going as they waited— even while they ate. Looking at how comfortable they were with eachother, you wouldn't be able to tell it was their first date.

You'd assume they've been friends their whole lives, which they have been. But watching the way they look at eachother, there's a deep connection that most people don't know how to describe, that comes down to one word. Soulmates.

They stayed at the diner for a couple hours, laughing and talking about anything that popped up in their minds. Paul had a plan to take Lizzy back to Sam's, walk her to the porch, kiss her goodnight, and go to his place.
You know, how they do it in the movies. But that plan was shot down when their phones went off at the same time.

Leech on our land. Come find us.

The message was from Sam. They let out a simultaneous sigh and got up from the table, paying and leaving a generous tip for the waitress. "I had a good time." Lizzy said as they got in the truck and ripped out of the parking lot. "I did too. Maybe next time Sam won't interrupt." Paul responded.

Lizzy laughed and shook her head. "We can only dream." Paul nodded in agreement. They couldn't catch a break.