Chapter 4: Crap.

Chapter 4: Crap.

Well crap.

His face was blank as always with a raised eyebrow. I sighed exhausted.

"You heard, huh?" I questioned as I positioned my pillows.

"Not really, just a little." He stated and I roamed my eyes looking for any sign of well, anything but still it was blank. The little clench of his jaw was the only thing. "Uh huh." I nodded not knowing what to do.

He didn't respond but just stared at me. I raised an eyebrow and turned to look at him fully and he smirked.

"You know how I said you were hot when you danced?" He questioned with a smirk I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded, "yes?" I drew out. "Well I was so wrong." He started and I placed my hand on my hip waiting. "You look pretty hot right now." He finished with a nod of his head as he looked me over. I glanced down to see me in my sports bra and shorts. I rolled my eyes at his behavior.

He was changing the subject, I knew he was but I didn't say anything. "Who are you even?" I raised an eyebrow as I walked over to my window, opened it wider and sat on my window seat.

"Ace." He stated and I raised an eyebrow.

"Ace?" I questioned and he nodded.

"That's your real name?" I raised both eyebrows now. He nodded but I saw the way his jaw ticked twice.

Uh huh. Interesting.

"So, Ace." I started with an unbelievable tone and he smirked lightly.

Mhmm real name my butt.

"What's your real name?" I asked with a slight smile and he nodded.

"Ace." Clenched jaw twice.

Coincidence? I think NOT!

"Ace, darling, just tell me your real name." "It's Ace." He clenched his teeth, jaw and hands.

Hmm. 

I got up and leaned out my window so I was in his. "You're lying to me." I whispered in his ear and he screwed his eyes shut in annoyance. "Just shut up, Lani." I froze and my smile faltered.

That's exactly what he said to me daily.. Ace pulled away and looked at my frozen appereance.

"Are you okay?" He didn't look very concerned. Just kept his walls up. "Do not call me that, I was just joking." I was controlling my anger and stoping myself from punching him in the face. "I was too." He breathed out. I shook my head and came back in my window.

"You took it too far." I said quietly and slammed my window shut leaving the curtains open for the sun in the morning and walked to my bed to lay down. I tightly shut my eyes and kept the tears in but instead my mind filled with images of the boy I once loved. I sighed pulling the covers up higher and cuddling a pillow tightly to my chest and next thing you know I'm sobbing quietly.

Taking in a big breath I haul myself up and walk to the bathroom. I walked in and started the hot water for my shower. Turning around I looked in the mirror and looked like hell.

Sighing I splashed my face and patted my cheeks. I stripped and hopped into the shower. Scrubbing my body clean and washing my hair and shaving quickly.

I sighed one last time, washed my face and turned the water off. I reached out for the towel, grabbed it and wrapped it tightly around my body. I walked out and dried off deciding that I was too tired to actually put clothes on. Hey, do not judge me.

I locked my bedroom door and walked to my bed throwing my hair in the towel and crawling under the blankets to cover my exposed body. I sighed deeply and snuggled into my bed and just stared at the ceiling thinking about anything but todays events. After awhile I shook my hair out of the towel and threw it to the hamper, missing epically.

I slumped my, what seemed like lifeless body against my pillows and soon enough sleep was consuming me and I gave into the much needed sleep.

*******

I woke up to light taps on my cheek, I groaned rolling over resulting in my blankets slipping down further on my lower back.

"Layne.?" The voice called but I took it as God telling me to get up but i didn't want to.

I groaned in response and the voice spoke again.

"Layne, wake up!" It was aggravated now from me not waking up.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't God.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Well one, lock your window, Two, close your curtains. And three, sleep with clothes on." I was confused and rolled my head over to look at the speaker talking. I flinched backwards for a second and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What did you say?" I mumbled confused.

"Well you should do a lot of things but mostly you should sleep with clothes on." He stated I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back to see my exposed back and thigh peeking out of my white silk sheets.

"Urgghh." I groaned as I covered myself more.

"Why are you here?"

"You're nakedness was distracting." He shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at him. He threw his hands up in defense.

"Leave." I stated and he smirked.

"Make me." He tried and I raised an eyebrow.

"You won't." He taunted.

I shrugged, and rolled over again closing my eyes. He pulled the sheet a little and I groaned grabbing it. "Don't you dare." I stated and he had a teasing look in his eyes. With that he ripped it off and I shivered from the change of atmosphere.

"Crap." I mumbled.

Sighing, I shrugged and got up walking over to my clothes slipping on a long shirt.

"You can leave now." I turned around and he nodded wordlessly and climbed out my window and into his.

"Talk to you later, Layne." He winked and I laughed sarcastically.

"Don't." And with that I slammed my window AND yes, thats right I'm learning, locked my window as I stuck my tongue out at him.